DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 first impressions

I don't know whether to thank you or hate you for the photo's. Cute little bugger..I had no interest till I saw those. What exactly does that grey gizmo do.?

• I experience a full disconnection for 2 seconds with the aircraft 20 ft. from me, but 100ft altitude. This was a glitch. This I am pretty sure will be corrected in a near feature firmware.

That sounds concerning.

Did the drone just hover - or carry on in the direction it was going?
Do you think that was a freak one-off?
Yes me too, a number of people are already reporting on DJI‘s forum

Reactions: Sub779
Bugs are expected from any drone at the first release. I am sure will be fix soon. The range is amazing probably almost triple the real distance or more and making a more solid connection where Hight interference occurs.

Yes indeed, this Mini 2 Rocks! I have both M1 and just picked the M2 Thursday and got 4 flights on it. Today flight, winds were about 26/mph and it held it own. I'm impressed.

Attachments

• Photo_6553623_DJI_23_jpg_4139962_0_2020117164656_photo_original.jpg
    Photo_6553623_DJI_23_jpg_4139962_0_2020117164656_photo_original.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 43
I have already 3 flights completed with the DJI Mini 2 and here are my observations:
  • The plastic material feel much more solid and can not be bend easily like the MM1
  • The Mavic Air 2 controller does not want to link with the DJI Mini 2.
  • The Mavic Air 2 controller has 4 white LED (for battery levels) and the DJI Mini 2 controllers LED are green
  • The DJI Mini 2 has a nose LED and you can modify the color about 8 or 10 options of colors. You can set as rainbow, Solid or blinking (that is cool)
  • You can zoom the camera up to 4X zoom in 1080P, 3X in 2.7K and 2X in 4K at least in video mode. I still need to check in photo mode.
  • Talking with the people of DJI, you can use the Mavic Mini Battery in the DJI Mini 2. Also you can use the DJI Mini 2 battery in the Mavic Mini 1 but the weight will go over 249G and you will need to register the aircraft with FAA. Even when the DJI support representative told me that is not true. I have the chat log.
  • The video transmission seen very lag comparing with my smart controller setup even at 20FT distance. I am pretty sure this will be corrected in feature firmware's.
  • I experience a full disconnection for 2 seconds with the aircraft 20 ft. from me, but 100ft altitude. This was a glitch. This I am pretty sure will be corrected in a near feature firmware.
  • The DJI Mini 2 is the most quiet drone that I ever test. Is much quiet than the Mavic Air 2. Comparing with the Mavic Mini 1 does not have comparison in how much quiet is.
  • Today was windy and it handle the wind very well but still I experience side drag. (was very windy)
  • I tested a top speed of 36.37Mph in sport mode
  • The Air Data is not reporting correctly miss reporting wrong battery levels information, distance, altitude and others. I reported already to Airdata.com
  • Just find out, by uploading the Flight logs manually to Airdata.com reports correctly
  • The video resolution is very good but notice some noise comparing with the Mavic Air 2
  • The pictures are ok. The DMG file is very useful.
  • The AEB only takes 2 pictures (I was hoping for 3)
I will add more information as I keep testing.
View attachment 116639

View attachment 116640
View attachment 116641
View attachment 116642

I have already 3 flights completed with the DJI Mini 2 and here are my observations:
  • The plastic material feel much more solid and can not be bend easily like the MM1
  • The Mavic Air 2 controller has 4 white LED (for battery levels) and the DJI Mini 2 controllers LED are green
  • The DJI Mini 2 has a nose LED and you can modify the color about 8 or 10 options of colors. You can set as rainbow, Solid or blinking (that is cool)
  • You can zoom the camera up to 4X zoom in 1080P, 3X in 2.7K and 2X in 4K at least in video mode. I still need to check in photo mode.
  • Talking with the people of DJI, you can use the Mavic Mini Battery in the DJI Mini 2. Also you can use the DJI Mini 2 battery in the Mavic Mini 1 but the weight will go over 249G and you will need to register the aircraft with FAA. Even when the DJI support representative told me that is not true. I have the chat log.
  • The video transmission seen very lag comparing with my smart controller setup even at 20FT distance. I am pretty sure this will be corrected in feature firmware's.
  • The DJI Mini 2 is the most quiet drone that I ever test. Is much quiet than the Mavic Air 2. Comparing with the Mavic Mini 1 does not have comparison in how much quiet is.
  • Today was windy and it handle the wind very well but still I experience side drag. (was very windy)
  • The Air Data is not reporting correctly miss reporting wrong battery levels information, distance, altitude and others. I reported already to Airdata.com
  • Just find out, by uploading the Flight logs manually to Airdata.com reports correctly
  • The video resolution is very good but notice some noise comparing with the Mavic Air 2
View attachment 116639

View attachment 116640
View attachment 116641
View attachment 116642

When you're in the video mode of the MM2 can you take pano shots? And does it come with the propeller and arm restraint cords?

View attachment 116639

View attachment 116640
View attachment 116641
View attachment 116642
MA2 controller will connect to Mini 2 - after you upgrade the MA2 controller's firmware. You could do this by connecting directly into your computer via USB and download/open DJI Assistant 2.0 (free app). I had to do this prior to successful pairing.

Reactions: zeusfl
Hey guys

Recently entered the drone world and so far really impressed with the mini 2.
I made a little video combined with some shots on the GoPro hero 9

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest