DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 Flying Under 30 feet Class D airspace

gulfrider

Reactions
Has anyone bee able to get FAA approval to fly in a Class D 0 ceiling? I own a Mini 2 series drone and have always been denied by drone zone to fly regardless what minimum height I request. I want to follow the rules but I see toy drones that can fly much higher than my drone without having to get FAA approval. Are there any provisions or rules I can cite that I can fly below tree tops or below the roof of houses in my area and without getting FAA approval? Thanks all.

Has anyone bee able to get FAA approval to fly in a Class D 0 ceiling? I own a Mini 2 series drone and have always been denied by drone zone to fly regardless what minimum height I request. I want to follow the rules but I see toy drones that can fly much higher than my drone without having to get FAA approval. Are there any provisions or rules I can cite that I can fly below tree tops or below the roof of houses in my area and without getting FAA approval? Thanks all.
I believe you have to have your 107 to fly in zero ceiling and then my have other contingencies like notifying ATC when you are going to take off and again after you land. Zero means zero otherwise. Recommend putting in for a bit higher altitude than you need. Like 100-200’ AGL.

multiple wrongs don’t make a right.

I believe you have to have your 107 to fly in zero ceiling and then my have other contingencies like notifying ATC when you are going to take off and again after you land. Zero means zero otherwise. Recommend putting in for a bit higher altitude than you need. Like 100-200’ AGL.

multiple wrongs don’t make a right.

thank you. thats in my to do’s :)

I want to follow the rules but I see toy drones that can fly much higher than my drone without having to get FAA approval. Are there any provisions or rules I can cite that I can fly below tree tops or below the roof of houses in my area and without getting FAA approval?
The rules are clear. The controlled airspace starts at the ground, and the toy drones as well as yours need authorization in class D airspace, even when flying waist high in a small fenced backyard surrounded by 80 foot tall trees, where no manned aircraft could possibly hit your drone unless the manned aircraft was already in the process of crashing horrifically to the ground.

I'm not going to rule that the rules are always right for every conceivable scenario, just that in this case they are clear.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000