DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 Latency Demonstrated

Great video. Thank you. While you not addressing what I consider to be a critical issue with the Mini2 you have proven the thesis of my point: The Mini 2 in the Cine mode need to be slowed down and the stick input/response modified, as with the Mavic 2 in the tripod mode because of the latency!

If you have flown a Mavic 2 in tripod mode and compared it to the Mini 2 in C mode you'll know what I'm talking about . The Mavic 2's max speed is approximately 2.5 mph while the Mini 2's max speed is about 13mph! When comparing the "slow" mode on these two drones it is easy to see that even pushing the sticks all the way with the Mavic 2 will create a smoother and more predictable motion even if the latency is the same as the Mini 2. The relatively high speed for a supposedly a "smooth" mode means that the stick input is exponentially more sensitive due to the amount of (comparative) speed that the Mini 2 will attain with the same amount of stick movement. Combine that with the latency and you have a a mode that isn't all that different than the the N mode, the real only difference seemingly the max speed of the N mode.

Thanks folks. I have had a lot of close calls, usually realized after the fact when I view the SD card video. Now latency it is always on my mind when flying close to objects and I try to plane ahead a bit.

Thanks folks. I have had a lot of close calls, usually realized after the fact when I view the SD card video. Now latency it is always on my mind when flying close to objects and I try to plane ahead a bit.
Until your post I hadn't had latency on my mind but will do so going forward. I practice indoors to get used to tight spaces and for potential projects in close quarters. It appears that latency awareness becomes more important when your drone suddenly shifts into Atti mode where it loses all stability aids.

I have to wonder, in addition to the additional signal strength of Ocusyn 2, I wonder how much latency there might be in something like a Mini 1 that doesn't used Ocusyn 2, but wifi?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting