DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI MINI 2 LATEST FIRMWARE ISSUE NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!

DroneFlyer569

Reactions
So having spent the last few days trying to find out why my gimbal has been uneven and not level looking on the horizon, I finally found out why, the latest firmware update. This was found on a popular youtubers channel who was also expirencing the same problem as me as well as many others, will the gimbal being uneven after countless calibartions yet still dosent work making filming near impossible to for level shots!

So I contaced DJI about this issue showing them the video but they wanted me to return my drone for inspection which is pointless as the video clearly shows its a firmware issue and not a hardware issue! This really frustrates me as DJI have not yet resolved this issue and they bascailly they said they cant do anything about it unless I return my drone for inspection and pay a fee for the inspection which is a joke! DJI should be able to fix this with a new firmware update, so let me know your guys view on this and if youve had this issue as well like many others and I also encourage you to reach out to DJI with this video if your having the problems so DJI can address it.

Yes, have also seen that video.

Im not entirely sure its a firmware issue though as my side seems level. However, I did not honestly look that closely, as I dont film horizon shots that much and constantly move around etc.

I will try do a test flight later today though and have a proper look. If may ask, how do you specifically check for the horison issue taking the actual variance seems so small? Disney youtube chap used some red line in his video but I could hardly see it.

Im not entirely sure its a firmware issue though as my side seems level. However, I did not honestly look that closely, as I dont film horizon shots that much and constantly move around etc.

I will try do a test flight later today though and have a proper look. If may ask, how do you specifically check for the horison issue taking the actual variance seems so small? Disney youtube chap used some red line in his video but I could hardly see it.
I clearly notcied it when I took it up and saw that it was not level even after calibration, and that it was leaning to the left as I shoot a lot of my stuff looking over landscapes and could also tell in editing that it was off which is very frustrating, so clearly a firmware issue that needs fixing as only happend after the update and even Disney is having it as well.

Also if you look at the first shot going up you can clearly see it hanging to the left showing its not level.

Reactions: DroneToJoy
k, will let you know my side if its an issue as well.

Reactions: DroneFlyer569
So having spent the last few days trying to find out why my gimbal has been uneven and not level looking on the horizon, I finally found out why, the latest firmware update. This was found on a popular youtubers channel who was also expirencing the same problem as me as well as many others, will the gimbal being uneven after countless calibartions yet still dosent work making filming near impossible to for level shots!

So I contaced DJI about this issue showing them the video but they wanted me to return my drone for inspection which is pointless as the video clearly shows its a firmware issue and not a hardware issue! This really frustrates me as DJI have not yet resolved this issue and they bascailly they said they cant do anything about it unless I return my drone for inspection and pay a fee for the inspection which is a joke! DJI should be able to fix this with a new firmware update, so let me know your guys view on this and if youve had this issue as well like many others and I also encourage you to reach out to DJI with this video if your having the problems so DJI can address it.

Very stange if its someting wrong with this firmware. I have installed it direct from my Apple iphone app store to both of my mini2. Works great in all ways and with 100% even horizon.

Very stange if its someting wrong with this firmware. I have installed it direct from my Apple iphone app store to both of my mini2. Works great in all ways and with 100% even horizon.
as with all firmware issues they dont always effect everyone, but its clear its a firmware issue in the video as its effecting other people as well such as myself

This is a clip from a video I shot on my Mini 2 running 01.02.0300 the other day and the horizon looks fine to me.

as i said this issue dosent effect everyone, but it still effects a few people including myself and the person in the video i linked.

Also you never flew the drone looking straight on the horizon so not able to tell if you had the issue their.

Reactions: Nmsajub
as with all firmware issues they dont always effect everyone, but its clear its a firmware issue in the video as its effecting other people as well such as myself
If the issue does not affect everyone, and if you've used the assistant to re-install the firmware or even older versions of the firmware if available and the problem does not change, that would seem to make it a hardware problem not a firmware problem.

If older firmware is not available and you've reinstalled the latest and the problem persists, you have two choices, either accept it or send it back to DJI with proof there is a problem to get it repaired.

Same thing happened to me after the firmware update. I was able to use the gimbal correction to level it though.

Same thing happened to me after the firmware update. I was able to use the gimbal correction to level it though.
If this is that scripting I've seen to run some calibration from a PC, if you had success, great, but it appears to be a somewhat risky process and may not work all the time.

If the issue does not affect everyone, and if you've used the assistant to re-install the firmware or even older versions of the firmware if available and the problem does not change, that would seem to make it a hardware problem not a firmware problem.

If older firmware is not available and you've reinstalled the latest and the problem persists, you have two choices, either accept it or send it back to DJI with proof there is a problem to get it repaired.

The assistant for the DJI mini 2 does not allow you to re install firmware or downgrade which I would of done if possible which it isn’t.

it is very clear this is a firmware issue, from the fact it is effecting a large amount of people including as shown in the video, who also is an expert on drones with over 10k subs who would know if it’s a firmware or hardware issue which he has said is firmware, and I myself only had this issue after the update and on it had my drone a month and haven’t crashed it or damaged it in any way.

so that concludes it is a firmware issue even if some people are not noticing it such as yourself if you live in a hilly area where the horizon level can change or if your shooting down,

so it’s clearly something DJI need to address themselves without tons of people having to send their drone in for inspection when it’s a firmware issue looking at all the evidence and not having access to their drone for a month or so.

The assistant for the DJI mini 2 does not allow you to re install firmware or downgrade which I would of done if possible which it isn’t.

it is very clear this is a firmware issue, from the fact it is effecting a large amount of people including as shown in the video, who also is an expert on drones with over 10k subs who would know if it’s a firmware or hardware issue which he has said is firmware, and I myself only had this issue after the update and on it had my drone a month and haven’t crashed it or damaged it in any way.

so that concludes it is a firmware issue even if some people are not noticing it such as yourself if you live in a hilly area where the horizon level can change or if your shooting down,

so it’s clearly something DJI need to address themselves without tons of people having to send their drone in for inspection when it’s a firmware issue looking at all the evidence and not having access to their drone for a month or so.
Either way, your choices are limited.. A YouTuber that has a bunch of subs does not make him an "expert". If he were a DJI engineer, sure.. He may have collected a bunch of anecdotal evidence, and perhaps there is an issue to resolve. However, he's not going to do it.

In any event, the "bottomline" here is, you have a choice to make, posting YouTube "experts" is not going to solve your problem. If you tried reverting firmware or cannot, you either have to let DJI fix it, or try some hack method and see if works, which has the potential of making it worse or perhaps invalidating the warranty.

Or you can resume or create another ticket with DJI and let them resolve the issue, which may mean sending your drone to them and being without it for a while.. Sure its a pain, and assuming it comes back working, problem solved. Or you can wait till another firmware version comes along, which may or may not address the issue, and if it does, great, assuming it solves it for everyone...

I guess the final question here is, whether DJI has actually acknowledged an issue? If not, then its up to all the people with the issue to band together to get DJI to fix it..

Reactions: Alan_M
Droneflyer569, you say you've done gimbal calibrations, but have you tried manually adjusting it in flight, like this?

It takes literally seconds to do.
Yes i have tried this as well as all other calibrations and deleting the app, but the issue still persits since it is clearly a firmware issue.

Yes i have tried this as well as all other calibrations and deleting the app, but the issue still persits since it is clearly a firmware issue.
So your saying manual adjustments made no difference in leveling the horizon in flight? I think thats more than a firmware problem... No matter what, if you want it fixed, you either let DJI try and fix it or see if a future update changes anything...

As mentioned by others, software always does the same thing 100%. If some drones with the same software show the problem, and others do not, it is not the software. The software is listening to all the sensors in the drone, and responding accordingly. If that sensor to software link has an issue, the problem is in the link. Calibration of this link with appropriate offsets is the solution.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
As mentioned by others, software always does the same thing 100%. If some drones with the same software show the problem, and others do not, it is not the software. The software is listening to all the sensors in the drone, and responding accordingly. If that sensor to software link has an issue, the problem is in the link. Calibration of this link with appropriate offsets is the solution.
Unfortunately this simply isn't the case. Hardware and Software have to work hand and hand. There is simply to much variance to make such a bold claim. This isn't DJI's first rodeo (or any other companies). How it really works is there is a tolerance level built between hardware modules as a system to fit to a firmwares list of parameters. As Customers report issues, DJI will then try and narrow or expand withing the Max/Min level tested to "tweak" out issues or define a set amount of reported failures. This is a ongoing process and how it has been done for years with their engineering team.

Through the process, they will adjust the parameters of certain modules to find the majority happy medium of it's user base. It is then that they will want you to return for replacement/repair the hardware that is not within the parameters they have narrowed or "tweaked" to. It simply cannot be done from a factory level production when you are making 10's of thousands of these flying widgets. One module can be at the extreme end of acceptable, next to the module that is reporting to the other end of acceptable, and together they are fine...till one is adjusted.

So it's easy to see that at one firmware your didn't have a issue, then you do, then you don't again. So like said for many years...don't be so quick to update anything. IF your not having a issue, don't update. If you are having a issue, update to see if your fixed. It takes everyone as a community to keep these reports to DJI active one way or the other. Don't be part of a problem, be part of the solution. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54