DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 Motor error (check rotor) and (unable to rotate) mid flight

harrihealey02

Reactions
Hi all,

I recently took a flight and half way through the drone started spinning uncontrollably and I saw the message Motor error check blade and then multiple Motor error unable to rotate. The flight log is available so is there anyway I can post the log and also how can I do this so you can view the data?

I landed it successfully but I’m very nervous taking it back out now.

Go here --> DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help and upload your flight log ... they describe where to find it in the mobile device you flew with if you scroll down a bit.

Once uploaded there they provide you with a link ... copy that & come back here & share it in a new post.

Hi there,

Here’s the link for the flight.

It happens from 6m 55.9s during the flight.

Do you know what would have caused it to do this?

Jeez ... what were you thinking, this was just reckless, ignorant & a danger for others & property !?!
It's apparent that you used Drone-Hacks or similar ... you should go back to the original FW & read up about regulations & get some knowledge before you fly again. You were really luck to get your Mini 2 back ... imagine that you didn't know anything about the conditions where you flew.

You were flying in pure prop icing weather up on 2860ft, over a densely populated area & you where up over 1600ft with a distance of 311ft from HP when the low battery forced autolanding started. When the battery reached 0% your Mini 2 was still up over 500ft.

And you go public with all this ..?

Following 2 pics is the reason for the troubles you saw at 389sec into the flight ... then up over 2700ft altitude.

Ground ambient temps ...
1643275142672.png

A lot of moist in the air ---> This results in prop icing which generate a flatter prop pitch resulting in less thrust & can lead to that your craft can lose lift totally & free-fall.

1643275164640.png

All the messages regarding motor error & notEnough Force is typical for prop icing ... & you got bucket loads of them.

1643275389052.png

Just ... reckless, irresponsible & ignorant.

1643275478505.png

1643275590142.png

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2022-01-25_[15-51-11].txt
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
Thank you for the detailed insight into my flight. Appreciate you highlighting everything you have found. I agree it was reckless and irresponsible looking back at the conditions with the dew point and low cloud level.

I have also learned that in the UK you are not permitted to fly a 250g or less (or more) drone over 400ft (120m) in height from the operator. This means that the 500m original height restriction is way above what’s legal here. This was updated on the 26th December 2021.

I have also learned that in the UK you are not permitted to fly a 250g or less (or more) drone over 400ft (120m) in height from the operator. This means that the 500m original height restriction is way above what’s legal here. This was updated on the 26th December 2021.
That's not entirely correct ... first of all, below UK regulations have been in place way earlier than the 26th December 2021. You have them all here --> Where you can fly drones | UK Civil Aviation Authority

Then ... it's not height from the operator it's from ground below the drone in every moment.

1643300465892.png

Furthermore ... your drone is deliberately equipped with a hacked firmware that allow it to reach heights above the software locked max height above the HP of 500m... I know this as you was up on over 870m. It's always you as a UAV pilot that have full responsibility no matter how high it technically can fly.

Imagine if your drone had started to free fall with motors running & iced up props ... falling into a baby stroller from 870m altitude? Or passed through the front window of a small airplane flying up there... making the pilot lose control & crash down in the populated area below.

Last edited:
You highlight the dangers involved very clearly to me and I appreciate your knowledge for helping me realise it was not a good decision to fly at above the restricted height built in and above the 120m legal attitude. I will be uploading the original software to it tonight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada