DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji mini 2 se won't land, then crashes

DJI man

Reactions
Hi, I was flying my my mini 2 se when in suddenly wouldn't land. After a while I changed to "normal" mode and I could get it down. When it was about 5 m above ground I was flying it towards me when it suddenly speeded up and crashed in the wall. Anyone who can interpret the flight log, and could see if it was a malfunction?

Regards

Phantomhelp doesn't seem to like the "Data table" of the unzipped version of your log, there is also mention of something relating to "JSON". The scrolling data beneath the map of the replay is empty.
I don't know if this is a PH error or something in the unzipped version of your log itself.
Therefore, can you upload the original version of the .txt flight log to
and post the URL here please.

That said, at a glance, the CSV downloaded from PH looks normal.

However, the indicated behaviour during the actual RTH seems odd to me.
The RTH height was set at 30m/98.4ft and the drone reached that around 161 seconds, it then started towards home. You did not give the drone any throttle during the RTH yet, during the trip home, the drone continued to climb, quite steadily, reaching a height of 231ft.

During the flight home the VPS system shows chaotic values, all under 4ft, which I suspect is impossible. But this might be the reason for the climb during the flight home.
I suspect that the VPS value during more or less the whole flight are questionable.

During the descent the descent speed was very slow, under 40cm/s.

Overall, I suspect there is a problem with the VPS sensors, they might be broken or their lenses may need cleaning. Whether or not this explains the failure to land I do not know but when my mini 1 & 2 reject the landing site I think simply holding the throttle closed normally forces the drone to land but I might have to touch any warning showing in the app and accept any risk.
Having said that' the process is so routine I don't really pay attention to what is required and I do not recollect having a problem getting the drone to land.

As for the crash, I suspect you simply commanded the drone to descend until it was low enough to be below the tree tops at that location and it just clipped a tree.
I made a mistake there.

What would I have done in your situation? Probably caught the drone and then flipped it upside down.

Was the drone lost ? If not was it damaged ?

Last edited:
Thank you, I uploaded the file here: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

The drone was a couple of hundred meters away, above the treeline. I then used RTH and it came towards me. I could then see it above me beside our house. It took a while to get it down, but when it finally did, I was turning it towards me. Then it speeded up, and crashed in the wall right beside me. It did not hit anything else than the wall.

Several of the propels broke and some of the body. The issue now is that I sent it to DJI (based on guarantee since I bought it in July), and they say there was no malfunction. I disagree. Is there any point arguing with them, if any of you guys see it differently?

Thank you, I uploaded the file here: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
I've had a quick look at your flight data and it ppears that the reason for the drone's speed before the collision was that you were pulling all the way back on the right stick until one second before the crash.
For the last second, you pushed the right stick fully forward but the drone was flying at 8.3 metres/sec and the speed only reduced to 4.6 metres before the collision.

I'll look at the data in more detail a little later to see what else is in there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jshk