DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 yaws / turns by itself while moving forward in sports mode

ASW

Reactions
I just noticed that my Mini 2 seems to turns by itself for a couple of seconds when it goes forwards in sports mode right after start up. I have checked the logs and there wasn't any additional stick input except forwards. Mini 2 seems to correct itself and the issue becomes almost unnoticeable later in flight. However, the issue repeats for every new battery. In my case, the drone always turns left regardless the wind direction.

Anyone else having similar issues? Can this be fixed or should I send the drone in for warranty repair?

I just noticed that my Mini 2 seems to turns by itself for a couple of seconds when it goes forwards in sports mode right after start up. I have checked the logs and there wasn't any additional stick input except forwards. Mini 2 seems to correct itself and the issue becomes almost unnoticeable later in flight. However, the issue repeats for every new battery. In my case, the drone always turns left regardless the wind direction.

Anyone else having similar issues? Can this be fixed or should I send the drone in for warranty repair?
Try doing a compass calibration and an IMU calibration. If it still does it after that you may have an issue, but I'm guessing calibrating will solve it.
Fly safe!

Reactions: DanMan32
Same issue, it just drifts at first part of the flight, imu, compass calibration done still does it I think almost every flight

Same issue with my Mavic Air. A quick full scale flick of the sticks seems to correct it. I kinda come to expect it. Doesn't happen all the time.

I did all the calibration; IMU, compass, remote controller, and even the gimbal calibration just in case. Unfortunately, the problem persists. My Mini 2 still yaws slightly to the left in the first couple of second.

Anyone wants to test their Mini 2? Start up the drone, go straight up, switch to sport mode and go forward. Check if your drone yaws slightly in the first couple of seconds. Turning on the grid line might help you notice the yaw.

There’s a video on YouTube how to fix this. You have to calibrate the sticks in the app. Not the compass or IMU, the actual sticks. You just trim it a bit to the opposite side it’s turning to and test it till it’s fixed line your drone over something straight. Lines on a football park or something similar does. Good luck, hope this helps.

Reactions: JTZ and Soepkip
I just took my MM2 out for the first real spin today and had the same thing. Initially it wanted to yaw left for a bit after taking off even with my hands off the controls. After a minute or so this anomaly stopped occuring. It was a bit bizarre and got me concerned that it would be ongoing, but stopped after about 20 seconds or so. In fact, I don't think I had control of the drone for about 15 or 20 seconds. I can't say. At first I thought it was the wind, but I don't think so now. Following that one incident it didn't happen again. After a 5 or 7 minute flight I brought it home, turned everything off, drove to a different location, fired it all up again and didn't seem to have the yaw issue again. It was strange.

Same issue with me mostly left and right A video I took of issue
I got some left and right later on that I didn't notice, but my left yaw seemed to be fairly severe, somewhat of a turn rather than a drift. I had DJI support helping me all yesterday morning and we couldn't get it to connect with DJI Assistant for a firmware refresh, so they requested I return it for replacement. It was shipped back yesterday afternoon. Unfortunatly it will take 5 days to get there and however long to get it replaced and shipped back.

If you think about it, DJI got the Mini 2 designed and and distributed faster than any other product of this type. I was shocked that they had the reveal and product was already in the stores. Something tells me that they hadn't worked all the bugs out yet but wanted to be on the market for Xmas sales. Like many new products, especially ones without extensive test time pre-distribution there are going to be bugs.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain_Rick