DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3 pro bought at a Estate sale

I'm finding your response funny, not the situation. One second....

I'm trying to think ahead and think this through. When you get a bound drone, you ask DJI to reach out to the owner. DJI will do that on your behalf and ask the previous owner to unbind. If the owner does not respond, DJI ends it there, right? They don't ask for receipts and stuff, correct?

What's to stop someone for faking a receipt? If the owner has died, how can DJI confirm the fake receipts? It would be way too easy for people who steal bound drones to claim they bought it from a person who has died (which is why they can't respond), here are my receipts (which you cannot verify), please unbind my drone. That's so lame. DJI doesn't release private details but my thoughts were if you left that estate sale with a copy of the cert and you sent that to DJI, maybe that would trigger it or help in some way? You know, something they could verify? Public records?

The whole DJI process is a black hole and it's hit or miss which is why I always suggest buyers to completely avoid it or buy at their own risk and peril with no expectations. I've seen a few hits but I've also see a lot of misses (and tears)0. I know this is all new to you because I think I recall you asking the question once upon a time "What is this all about, never heard of it?" so here we are....and it keeps popping up almost daily. Trying to help.....

You can ask DJI to unbind it BUT even if you have all the paperwork they can still say NO. ALSO I have read cases where DJI has unbound a drone but I have only read this and if you ask DJI about unbinding a drone from an account they will tell you NO.- They may assist you in contacting the previous owner but thats it period.
Maybe if you have some sort of paperwork But then again DJI has a policy That only under very special circumstances will they unbind a drone. One that I do know of is if one forgets their Password. In that case DJI will only reset the password and will not Move the drone to a different account.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400