DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3 pro bought at a Estate sale

Reactions
I had bought a DJI Mini 3 Pro through a Estate sale and it is linked to the previuos owner, which the family has no access to that email account. I was wondering if I bought a new controller, would that be able to link the drone to it and not have to unlink it from the other DJI account?

Reactions: buildingjmpr67
Personally I would pass on this. The process is full of too many unknowns and uncertainties to deal with. My understanding is a new controller is not the solution. Unless you are getting it for under $100, I wouldn't bother.

Reactions: Mrktn
Personally I would pass on this. The process is full of too many unknowns and uncertainties to deal with. My understanding is a new controller is not the solution. Unless you are getting it for under $100, I wouldn't bother.
I don’t believe it is either

I'm presently looking for the same answer¿ I bought a drone already bound... Can I just buy the drone only and still connect it to the controller I have¿

I have read of 1 or 2 cases of this happening on the Dji forum.
So have I; particularly in the cases where known retailers have inadvertently sold crippled drones. In the case where someone is deceased, it will likely take more details than you are able to get your hands on including a death certificate. It would be unfortunate if bad actors were able to fraudulently claim the owner has passed so please let me in (not saying this is the case in point).

Reactions: Yogi053
I had bought a DJI Mini 3 Pro through a Estate sale and it is linked to the previuos owner, which the family has no access to that email account. I was wondering if I bought a new controller, would that be able to link the drone to it and not have to unlink it from the other DJI account?
Realistically, no. You've bought what will turn out to be a not very effective paperweight (because it weighs less than 250g).

Reactions: Cafguy
So have I; particularly in the cases where known retailers have inadvertently sold crippled drones. In the case where someone is deceased, it will likely take more details than you are able to get your hands on including a death certificate. It would be unfortunate if bad actors were able to fraudulently claim the owner has passed so please let me in (not saying this is the case in point).
There was a case just like this last week. All that was needed was a verification letter from the auction house.

@mobilehomer, right you are.

@jody.paugh@fullerandsons, call DJI and ask. Don't buy a new controller yet.

I'd say it's highly unlikely that DJI is going to demand a copy of the previous owner's death certificate. It's a drone, not a life insurance policy or a Cessna Citation.

Reactions: orionshooter
I'd say it's highly unlikely that DJI is going to demand a copy of the previous owner's death certificate. It's a drone, not a life insurance policy or a Cessna Citation.
I think you missed my point; no one demands. If DJI attempts to reach the previous owner who has died and therefore not responding and the buyer says the reason why he cannot respond is because the person who sold it to them has passed....never mind; you're right. People who die take their bound DJI drone with them.

I got it, just tryin to solve my bound problem.. Actually worked!!
Agreed, DJI should just fix this issue and unbind these for the asking until they figure out otherwise. That's how I would solve it in the meantime.

I think you missed my point; no one demands. If DJI attempts to reach the previous owner who has died and therefore not responding and the buyer says the reason why he cannot respond is because the person who sold it to them has passed....

No, responded directly to your point - "In the case where someone is deceased, it will likely take more details than you are able to get your hands on including a death certificate."

DJI will definitely [demand/require/insist on having/wait for you to submit...] some sort of documentation before unbinding the drone ... but not a death certificate.

never mind; you're right. People who die take their bound DJI drone with them.

Well, perhaps. But not this time. Per post #1, the deceased left it behind and it was offered at an estate sale.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123