DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3 Pro pano in raw

Gruppe8

Reactions
I hope someone has the answer, I understand that to shoot a pano in raw you need to get the drone in the air select the pano function, then click the 3 dots top right to get into camera then select raw, do i have to do this for every pano in one flight ?? or can i set it as raw and shoot say a dozen panos and after landing it i have to go through the procedure again, ? if i select the 48mp image again can i shoot say 20 images without having to go back and selecting the 48mp icon for each shot ?? Thanks for any help

You are right that with the mini 3 Pro, you have to be in the air to select pano but then on the main flying screen, click on the Format menu down at the bottom right and then on the next menu select the options you want. It will remember the pano options for future panos. It's confusing that the pano settings only show when you're in the air and have selected panos. Double check before you start shooting as in the screen shot below.

Screenshot_20230610-140445.png

Reactions: Gruppe8
I think the main point of his post, however, was do these settings "stick" so that when you come back to pano, say after shooting some videos and AEB sets?

I'd like to know too. If I hadn't left my drones in the car that my wife has ATM, I'd test it and have an answer I 5 minutes 🙂

I think the main point of his post, however, was do these settings "stick" so that when you come back to pano, say after shooting some videos and AEB sets?

I'd like to know too. If I hadn't left my drones in the car that my wife has ATM, I'd test it and have an answer I 5 minutes 🙂
I first agreed that the pano setting could only be set up when in the air and pano was selected but pointed out that the setting was bottom right NOT top right. I then answered the other question that the new pano format (and exposure setting) would be remembered but to check it before pano shooting.
Changing settings in video and AEB should not affect the pano setting but it is best to glance down to confirm before you shoot a pano rather than be disappointed that all you have shot are jpgs and maybe at an incorrect exposure. One reason pano could change back to the video settings is if an update is done, or you forget you are in pano and change your exposure/format expecting to shoot video.
Just reread the original post. I mainly shoot sphere panos and based my answer on that. I'm not sure about his shooting 48mp images. Guessing the settings would react the same as spheres but please correct me if you can test after your wife gets home and allows you to fly the drone... 😃

Last edited:
Reactions: Gruppe8
You are right that with the mini 3 Pro, you have to be in the air to select pano but then on the main flying screen, click on the Format menu down at the bottom right and then on the next menu select the options you want. It will remember the pano options for future panos. It's confusing that the pano settings only show when you're in the air and have selected panos. Double check before you start shooting as in the screen shot below.

View attachment 165111
Thanks for your help much appreciated

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair