DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3 Pro small crash Gimbal Motor overload?

Rectro30

Reactions
Hello all. I was testing the Mini 3 Pro obstacle avoidance, it failed and dropped to the floor, about 6ft high, very slow. After this I have a Gimbal Motor Overload error. It wont calibrate Gimbal past 85%. No cracks, not signes visualy at all. The Gimbal will not turn left in Auto and or manual calibration.

Im hesitant to send ot off to DJI as its not under warrenty or plan, and can repair it if I know where best to start. I have undone it, stipped gimbal down, removed cable. Whats it most likly to be, cable or Yaw motor?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks, Dan.

Reactions: Cafguy
The problem with DIY gimbal repairs is
1) not knowing what is damaged and if there is more than one damaged part. Consequently you may end up making several repair attempts and part purchases. Also there may be alignment marks that you miss.
2) parts may be electronically pair/matched to other parts and replacement parts may upset that pairing.

In truth I would be inclined to send it in, DJI prices seem reasonable.

Reactions: Cafguy
After you pay a site to match the numbers on the new gimbal for you, You may as well send it DJI. You can repair it yourself BUT that is tricky you may end up buying stuff you didn't need to. Did you roll the gimble in your fingers and feel for any resistance?
If you are new to Drone repair, Don't make a gimbal your first adventure. If someone brings me a drone with gimbal damage I will help them fill out a ticket to send it to DJI. You are NOT gonna save money on such repairs. Its helpful to know how to fix it on the fly BUT to save money not so much.
Send it to DJI the price will be worth not doing it yourself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batwingz