DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3 Pro

Sorry to hear you had Covid @tico821 but happy to hear you are almost recovered. I've got 3hrs on the new Mini3Pro and I think I am happy with this one after problems with the first two units!

Now get out there and spin those props!

My experience with both types of controllers has been very near identical, they both offer relatively the same range and performance, though few people have had range issues with the built in screen models, it seems to be isolated instances. There is little to no difference in set up, I use a iPhone 14 pro max so the screen brightness really depends on the phone you have in comparison the the built in screen, mine is bigger and brighter. The only real useful difference is the fact the built in screen model has more buttons, two on the bottom that can be programmed to a preferred function .

Found this thread by searching - searches work!

I would like expand the topic by asking, if you were deciding between an RC PRO controller (note, PRO model) or the standard RC-N1 plus a brand new ipad mini, which would you prefer?

Does the 1000nits brightness and the fact that the screen is built into the PRO make the smaller (than ipad mini) screen of the PRO a better choice? Also, I'm considering the ease of adding third-party software to the ipad vs the PRO.

Thanks

I would like expand the topic by asking, if you were deciding between an RC PRO controller (note, PRO model) or the standard RC-N1 plus a brand new ipad mini, which would you prefer?

Does the 1000nits brightness and the fact that the screen is built into the PRO make the smaller (than ipad mini) screen of the PRO a better choice? Also, I'm considering the ease of adding third-party software to the ipad vs the PRO.

Thanks
The pro is a great controller, bright, more antenna, more capable and great features. The price is hard to justify though.

Thanks
I've used both, and I prefer using the iPad mini 6th Gen with the Mini 3pro. Brightness isn't an issue and love the larger screen size.

I've used both, and I prefer using the iPad mini 6th Gen with the Mini 3pro. Brightness isn't an issue and love the larger screen size.
Oh boy, I just ordered the RC PRO. I thought that the mini might be better - especially at the price point. Thanks!

Whilst I find no difficulty in mounting a phone in the swing out arms of the older mavic style controllers I have to say that I think that the way the phone is mounted on the RC231/RC-N1 is easier.
But I also think there is a knack to it, I initially found it quite difficult to get the phone's plug out of the controller on its own.
So now I simultaneously grip the bottom face of the plug and the top face of the antennae in a pinch and pull both out as I extend the antennae.
I then place the far edge of the phone in the groove in the antennae and, gripping the controller with both hands, I use my thumbs to push the phone and antennae out until phone 'pops' into the corresponding groove in the controller.
It took far longer to type that than it takes to do.
To remove the phone I was concerned about dropping something whilst doing that so I disconnect the cable from the phone then grip the controller between the last three fingers of my left hand and its palm and hold the near-left corner of the phone between my left hand's first finger and thumb.
I then grip the left and right sides of the antennae between the middle part of the first finger and knuckle area of the thumb of my right hand, pinch those part 'together' whilst at the same time pivoting about the the phone's edge the tips of that first finger and thumb and ease those finger tips away from the phone. This draws the antennae with the finger tips releasing the phone. The slightly push of my fingers on the far edge of the phone lifts that edge up out of the groove in the antennae. Again it takes far longer to type that than it does to perform the action.
It's so easy that I didn't remember what I do and had to do it to the see what I do.

Can't comment on the DJI RC as I don't have one but would your Mrs be offended if you changed the present. I doubt you will get a straight swap so you may have to fork out some additional money.
Thats a lot of steps just to get airborne. I have several drones with built in screens and they are amazing. Find someone who has a controller with a built in screen and you will be on the way to the store to get one.😊

Thats a lot of steps just to get airborne. I have several drones with built in screens and they are amazing. Find someone who has a controller with a built in screen and you will be on the way to the store to get one.😊
I have both, it might take a while 30 seconds more but really no more steps. If you have a better phone the then built in screen then you have a better controller.

Well for anyone who does want to go to the store and get one, I have a new, never used DJI RC that came with my new kit. While I like the RC, I don't need two. PM me if interested.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007