• APP Supported LanguagesTurkish
  • APP Supported LanguagesUkrainiaan
  • APP Supported LanguagesRussian
  • ConnectivityAPP Controller
  • ConnectivityRemote Control
  • Pixels20 million

Reactions: test2000Anafi
Some highlights:
  • Optical Zoom 4X - This one seems too good to be true. If its real, I will be buying one for sure. I do tight shots of people at various activities and I need the capability to stay back.

• Transmission Range 12km - Ocusync 3

• Fps 60*fps - 60fps would be great but with the asterisk it will probably still limited. Most likely 4K 60fps but only 30fps when tracking and quickshots the other newer DJI products

• Pixels 20 million - Better resolution for photos and more headroom for digital zoom

• Battery Capacity 2453 mah - longer flight time and power for the upgraded motors, sensors, and processor

FPV OperrationYes
This is the part that caught my interest.

What does this mean, exactly?

All the Minis have a baby-FPV mode. I hope this is more than just that.

Thx,

MM

Sounds like fpv gimbal vs follow.

I do hope it can do goggles v2 though.

Sounds like fpv gimbal vs follow.

I do hope it can do goggles v2 though.
#metoo

I've set all of my Minis...Mini-1, Mini-2s, Mini-SE...to the baby-FPV mode that they have. Since I mentally put myself in/on the drone while flying, the view with that is much more like flying fixed wing airplanes, which is where I come from in aviation.

Thx,

MM

You should go fpv instead. The FPV mode mavics have is a joke compared to a truly freestyle drone

I don't want FPV goggles v2 support to stress it like the DJI FPV, I'd just really like to fly it that way.

I have the FPV for manual/acro flight. However, there is much more to the FPV experience than just flying technique.

You should go fpv instead. The FPV mode mavics have is a joke compared to a truly freestyle drone
Well, that's why I call it "baby-FPV"!

It's just a visual effect, but it's a visual effect that I like, compared to the more sterile "photo" mode that's the default.

What I really want is to be able to use the DJI FPV Goggles, for the full immersive experience. If I could run the goggles with my Mini-2s, I'd buy a pair in a heartbeat.

I'm not really interested in having a "truly freestyle" drone. I took a fixed wing aerobatics course about 10 years ago. I enjoyed it and I was good it, but it's a lot more work than just flying around and looking at cool stuff.

I'm not a thrill seeker. I'm a cool seeker!

:cool:

MM

Yeah, true. Fully stabilized footage looked cool to me when I was a rookie. Nowadays it feels empty, arid. Like flying creative mode on minecraft. Adding the horizon tilt looks way better when properly flown.

Yeah, true. Fully stabilized footage looked cool to me when I was a rookie. Nowadays it feels empty, arid. Like flying creative mode on minecraft. Adding the horizon tilt looks way better when properly flown.
Exactly!

And there's an advantage to flying the Minis in the baby-FPV mode that isn't obvious. The FPV mode let's you see how smooth and coordinated your control motions are.

Or, in my case...aren't.

I was appalled at how jerky and spastic a lot of my control motions were. This is completely invisible when you keep the camera in fully stabilized mode.

I'm now very consciously working to make my control motions smoother, and it's starting to work, even though I've still got a long way to go.

Thx,

MM

I'm not really interested in having a "truly freestyle" drone. I took a fixed wing aerobatics course about 10 years ago. I enjoyed it and I was good it, but it's a lot more work than just flying around and looking at cool stuff.

I'm not a thrill seeker. I'm a cool seeker!

MM
And that right there is why you need to reverse yourself on your decision and get the DJI FPV!!!

Can't make a visit 5/7, looking like June at the earliest. We'll discuss via PM.

I bring it up only to state that I will be bringing my FPV, and you will be on Amazon ordering one before I leave. I'm sure of it.

I didn't even try manual/acro mode with it until 3 months in. I was having too much fun in Sport mode with the MC.

You'll see, my friend... 😎

• Haha
Reactions: Korrd
Absolutely. I'm flying manual only, and boy it's amazing. I did orbital re-entry today from wee high and it was amazing

#metoo

I've set all of my Minis...Mini-1, Mini-2s, Mini-SE...to the baby-FPV mode that they have. Since I mentally put myself in/on the drone while flying, the view with that is much more like flying fixed wing airplanes, which is where I come from in aviation.

Thx,

MM
What is “baby fpv ”?

And that right there is why you need to reverse yourself on your decision and get the DJI FPV!!!

Can't make a visit 5/7, looking like June at the earliest. We'll discuss via PM.

I bring it up only to state that I will be bringing my FPV, and you will be on Amazon ordering one before I leave. I'm sure of it.

I didn't even try manual/acro mode with it until 3 months in. I was having too much fun in Sport mode with the MC.

You'll see, my friend... 😎
My plan to get the DJI FPV isn't dead...it's just resting!

The Mini-3 gets first priority. Once I get that, and see how well my financial reserves hold up, I'll start turning my lustful drone eye to the FPV again!

Yeah, trying to pull everything together for May 7th was staring to get hectic. I'm going to slip that event to June 4th, the first Saturday in June. Flying window will be 11 AM to 3 PM. If there's enough interest in this one, I'll schedule one a month for the rest of the flying season.

Sounds like you learned your FP the same way that I plan to learn mine--incrementally! You should definitely plan to do a high speed Canyonball Run down the canyon at top speed. I've had that image in my mind ever since I set my sights on the FPV.

MM

Maybe. While the FPV was awesome, it created too much motion sickness for me. Nausea, headaches, etc. So I parted ways with it.

Maybe. While the FPV was awesome, it created too much motion sickness for me. Nausea, headaches, etc. So I parted ways with it.
I get you... had problems at first too. Sitting made all the difference for me, but some people's wiring never seems to acclimate.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcjz