DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 4 Pro info release

AMann

Reactions
This came out recently, the specs are shown too. I was looking for a used 3 but maybe I should wait, or at least wait for the used 3’s to start hitting the market…. Compared to the 3, based on this photo (if it is real) how much of an upgrade is this 4 anyways?

IMG_1475.jpeg

Reactions: AMann
No worries. My link above is from X (Twitter).

Some additional context... I meant it's likely true since OsitaLV shared it too. He is rarely (maybe never?) wrong when it comes to new DJI releases.

Reactions: clackey and AMann
basically its a Mini 3 pro ,with the benefits of the new 04 transmission system, and 360 degree OA,
and if you are still using a Mini 2, then it would be a great upgrade from that
but if you already have a Mini 3 pro ,then its not that much of an upgrade
i guess all those people who have only recently purchased a Mini 3 pro ,are going to be the ones who will be the most aggrieved,for not waiting for the Mini 4 pro

watch out soon for an update to the Fly App to add the Mini 4 to the list of drones that can be flown with the new 04 transmission used on the new RC N2 and RC 2 remotes this will be the best indicator of its soon to be release
i suspect any new drones in the pipeline using 04 will be able to be flown with those RC s,so if you already have an Air 3, then in time, you should be able to pick up a Mini 4 ,without the RC and use the one you already have,

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque and AMann
This came out recently, the specs are shown too. I was looking for a used 3 but maybe I should wait, or at least wait for the used 3’s to start hitting the market…. Compared to the 3, based on this photo (if it is real) how much of an upgrade is this 4 anyways?

View attachment 167851
Having recently bought a Mini 3 Pro - Really like the multi direction obstacle avoidance upgrade - would like to see larger zoom capacity

basically its a Mini 3 pro ,with the benefits of the new 04 transmission system, and 360 degree OA,
and if you are still using a Mini 2, then it would be a great upgrade from that
but if you already have a Mini 3 pro ,then its not that much of an upgrade
i guess all those people who have only recently purchased a Mini 3 pro ,are going to be the ones who will be the most aggrieved,for not waiting for the Mini 4 pro
That was my conclusion as well. It's essentially a Mini 3 Pro. Omni OA is not a huge selling feature for me on a small drone. O4 would be nice but the O2 at 720p on my Mini 3 suits my needs fine. The camera is already great. Can't see a reason to upgrade yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydoug
I am guessing but you may see a camera upgrade to match the Air3 with its stacked sensor camera, I have both a Mini 3Pro and an Air 3 and really like them both. I find use for both drones based on the mission.
Doesn't look like that is the case based on the pictures supplied.

If they were able to fit an additional telephoto on there like the Air 3, I would be all over it.
Can't do that with the weight limit. I was just referring to the main wide angle camera. But the A3 is spectacular--45 MPH, super fast climb and descent, great handling, two cameras on one sensor. But the Mini 3 Pro has a wonderful camera, is very portable, very quiet, good in many situations where the it is best to not call attention to the drone. Yes, both are fixed aperture cameras which affects video more than still photography. But buy some ND filters for video and you can get excellent footage, IMHO.

Reactions: Dustydoug
I do worry a little bit ,with the advent of the Mini 4 ,in respect of the added functionality of the better OA, and the 04 transmission system ,impacting on both the flight time ,and the amount of heat produced inside the drone,especially as it does not appear to have any internal cooling fan,
i have noticed a great difference, in both the Mini 3 pro ,and the Air 3 with regards to temperature, of both the drone and the battery, after flying them in similar conditions on the same day ,over this last few weeks ,i have noticed that on every flight ,the fan in the Air 3 has been running ,as it comes in to land ,and the battery is barely warm, compared to the Mini 3 pro battery,which is considerably hotter,we must remember that despite a 3 fold weight increase, between the Mini 3 pro, and the Air 3 ,the Air 3 boasts a 4s battery, which can sustain a much greater current flow for a given power demand ,than the 2s ones used in the Mini 3 pro ,i hope i am proved wrong ,because on paper the new Mini 4 has the potential to be a very capable drone ,in the up to 250 g category

Does the Mini 3 Pro have a SDK that supports Litchi? I wonder if the 4 will. That would be a deal breaker for me as well. I appreciate the responses to this thread, I knew nothing of the 3’s and only recently wanted to pick one up- thanks!

It looks like a decent upgrade. I’ll need to know a few things before upgrading to the Mini 4 Pro such as:

1. Will it have real autonomous waypoints or will it RTH upon signal loss?

2. Will they release a battery plus for the Mini 4 Pro for extended flight time?

3. Will the range issues that plagued the Mini 3 Pro be corrected with better drone side antennas?

4. Will it be able to ascend / descend quicker compared to the Mini 3 Pro?

Looks like it has the same front leg extensions with the antennas in them as the non-pro Mini 3. That should help for transmission.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga