DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji new accessories for the M2P/Z

If they are after market blades I personally would touch them but if the are genuine dji blades that’s a different sorry.

Always use genuine parts especially blades, they are one of the most important parts on a drone, cost wise, not that expensive from Dji.;)

Oh my bad..... my post should have said “I personally wouldn’t touch them”

Sorry for the mistake.......:rolleyes:

I have all that stuff except the case which I had on order from B and H but they took too long.

Lol, Can’t change my mistake when someone has “replied” to it in their post, that’s the reason I apologised.;)
That can't be true, you replied to my post yet I just went back and edited my original post by adding (test), go check it out.

That can't be true, you replied to my post yet I just went back and edited my original post by adding (test), go check it out.

I know we can change mistakes in our original posts but if someone replies to the message you’ve already posted that can’t be changed. See the below screen shot of what I mean;)

013D111E-B100-41CC-B8BA-10E0F4A19105.jpeg

I see what you mean, but at least you can go back to your original post and rectify that one to stop any further reposting of the mistake. I see that you just can't alter other peoples responses that included your original message in it.

Well now if you look at boat props, wind generators and most planes - three blades is the norm. I did some research on wind generators and 3 blades is the most efficient of all configurations. 4 adds drag and 2 reduces force so 3 is the magic number. That being said the motor control is calibrated for 2 blades so perhaps it would not work correctly with this change.

Well now if you look at boat props, wind generators and most planes - three blades is the norm. I did some research on wind generators and 3 blades is the most efficient of all configurations. 4 adds drag and 2 reduces force so 3 is the magic number. That being said the motor control is calibrated for 2 blades so perhaps it would not work correctly with this change.
A flying machine is a little different compared to a boat or a wind generator due to the speed the props turn. Therefore, there are other factors to take into consideration when adding blades to a flying machine. You will never see a flying machine's prop look anything close to a boat's prop design.

More blades make for a smoother operation in an aircraft so less stress on the engine mounts and airframe, but they do become less efficient the more props added, due to props going through dirtier air, plus there is the drag they experience from more blades, as resistance on the aircraft engine. In an aircraft, unlike a boat, you can't just keep adding a larger engine, due to overall weight of the aircraft plus the balancing of its CG as you go bigger and space of course, in the engine compartment. I am speaking of general aviation and not drone design here, but that too may well have these things to take into consideration.

Maybe, I can add some information specific for drones. [B][FONT=arial]Cymruflyer[/FONT][/B] is right at all information. Only I would note that drones are not fully comparable with planes they are more like helicopters it means they are able to hover on place or descending vertically. In these situations airflow interaction with propeller is much different then airplane because of very turbulent airflow. Generally, reason for adding more blades on drones is higher pull and if you are dimension limited in construction then it is only choice (increasing pitch is not way at all because of inefficiency at low speeds). I would not recommended three blade props for mavic because a lot of reason not only efficiency. Internal control loop are tunned for specific propeller and changing can cause trouble about stability and flight performance.

It is only next view on this topic. And sorry for my English:)

Reactions: paulomurteira
Well, I can tell you that in real flying, the less blades there are, the more efficient the prop is because each blade cuts through cleaner,less disturbed air. With that said, the more blades there are, the smoother and quieter your aircraft will be. So a three blade is better and a four blade is even better, as far as quietness and smoothness, so less vibration on the engine mounts and airframe and pilot and passenger(s). That is in real aircraft, but because there are more blades, the prop is also less efficient because each blade follows closer to the blade ahead of it so the more blades, the closer they follow so more disturbed air they will be travelling through, hence less efficient. Therefore, like all things in aviation, we have a trade off smoothness and quieter against efficiency. Efficiency equals thrust by the way, or the feeling of power from your engine.

As for these three blade props on a drone, I can tell you much, other than they would be less efficient but smoother for the aircraft. How good they are as far as prop profile, I can't say because I don't know if they are DJI or aftermarket. You can not just add blades of the same profile either, because when you add blades you must then change the profile on each of those three blades. That means the shape of a three blade is not the same as the blades of a 2 blade with just another added. Again that is how it is in real aviation and I suspect also transfers onto the small little flying machine we play with too, since all things that take to the air must abide by the same laws of physics.
So long ago that I hadn't a such awesome lesson of aerodinamics... I keep smiling reading this and thinking of how to thank you. I was in the process of thinking of a 3 blade set for the mini2, now I'm convinced. Many thanks. Many good health to keep on giving us so good lessons.

So long ago that I hadn't a such awesome lesson of aerodinamics... I keep smiling reading this and thinking of how to thank you. I was in the process of thinking of a 3 blade set for the mini2, now I'm convinced. Many thanks. Many good health to keep on giving us so good lessons.
You're very welcome. Happy flying.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661