DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji new accessories for the M2P/Z

Are the low noise props the same as the ones you get with the drone anyway?

Its does say Quieter and longer flight on the page. Is that quieter than the ones that come with the drone/fly more kit?
If not, quieter than what?

Are the low noise props the same as the ones you get with the drone anyway?

Its does say Quieter and longer flight on the page. Is that quieter than the ones that come with the drone/fly more kit?
If not, quieter than what?

Check out the manual page below.

43C3237C-9C35-4A0A-829F-BCBD832FE733.png

So its just marketing bs on that page? They are not quieter than the ones that come with the drone.

Nope they look the same me thinks.. I’ve got the flymore package but not used the new probs.

What dji are saying about the new prop design,

Specifications
Model: 8743 Low-Noise Propeller
Diameter × Thread Pitch: 8.7 × 4.3 in (22.00 × 10.92 cm)
Weight: 7.9 g for each

Don’t know the spec of the ones that come with the M2P/Z but I would have thought they are the same.

I just wonder how many people have bought them thinking they are new, quieter props when they are the exact same.

All my props are stamped 8743F. All genuine, obtained either with the M2Z, flymore, or Refresh.

Just check mine, 8743F & 8743FCW again all genuine that came standard with my M2P. The fly more kit props are the same part numbers

Hi, just got my M2P and was looking for extra propellers (8743f) and came upon 3-bladed props...
Can anyone tell me if there any better/worse or just a marketing gimmick....??

Sorry if this post is in the wrong area.
s-l400.jpg

Well, I can tell you that in real flying, the less blades there are, the more efficient the prop is because each blade cuts through cleaner,less disturbed air. With that said, the more blades there are, the smoother and quieter your aircraft will be. So a three blade is better and a four blade is even better, as far as quietness and smoothness, so less vibration on the engine mounts and airframe and pilot and passenger(s). That is in real aircraft, but because there are more blades, the prop is also less efficient because each blade follows closer to the blade ahead of it so the more blades, the closer they follow so more disturbed air they will be travelling through, hence less efficient. Therefore, like all things in aviation, we have a trade off smoothness and quieter against efficiency. Efficiency equals thrust by the way, or the feeling of power from your engine.

As for these three blade props on a drone, I can tell you much, other than they would be less efficient but smoother for the aircraft. How good they are as far as prop profile, I can't say because I don't know if they are DJI or aftermarket. You can not just add blades of the same profile either, because when you add blades you must then change the profile on each of those three blades. That means the shape of a three blade is not the same as the blades of a 2 blade with just another added. Again that is how it is in real aviation and I suspect also transfers onto the small little flying machine we play with too, since all things that take to the air must abide by the same laws of physics.

If they are after market blades I personally wouldn’t touch them but if the are genuine dji blades that’s a different sorry.

Always use genuine parts especially blades, they are one of the most important parts on a drone, cost wise, not that expensive from Dji.;)

Last edited:
If they are after market blades I personally would touch them but if the are genuine dji blades that’s a different sorry.

Always use genuine parts especially blades, they are one of the most important parts on a drone, cost wise, not that expensive from Dji.;)

Thank you Porky..Thumbswayup
Your quite right, I'm going stick to genuine parts and as you say not that expensive.

The tri-bladed propellers where after market.
Sorry forgot to state that.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25