Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI official XXL Battery

HerManSoft

Reactions
I was wondering:
Hey DJI to when an official XXL battery
The times are ripe.
A XXL battery with dynamic lines and shapes in perfect harmony with the structure of the Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom
With self-recognition by the DJI Go 4 software that adjusts its power, stability and engine rpm to the maximum weight due by the XXL
A battery that allows you to officially support the drome in the air longer and properly structured and controlled.
A XXL or Maxi battery that I am sure will not fail to give you sales satisfaction and for those who buy.
What do you think pilots,
Do you like the idea of a XXL battery ?
Would you like it ?
Let's let DJI know
(Who determine progress
is the request).
Greetings to all from Italy
[emoji112][emoji8][emoji106]

Last edited:
I was wondering:
The times are ripe.
A XXL battery with dynamic lines and shapes in perfect harmony with the structure of the Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom
With self-recognition by the DJI Go 4 software that adjusts its power, stability and engine rpm to the maximum weight due by the XXL
A battery that allows you to officially support the drome in the air longer and properly structured and controlled.
A XXL or Maxi battery that I am sure will not fail to give you sales satisfaction and for those who buy.
Would you like it ?
Let's let DJI know
(Who determine progress
is the request).
If DJI won’t somebody else should. Be the “Master Airscrew” of batteries and make a high capacity battery that fits in there somewhat sleekly would make a fortune

I was wondering:
The times are ripe.
Would you like it ?
Let's let DJI know
(Who determine progress
is the request).
I’m on board. Great idea. All hands on deck !

Man I love MA props I have used there heli rotors for years and years and have had them on my mo as long as they have been out over a year I believe.

I was wondering:
The times are ripe.
Would you like it ?
Let's let DJI know
(Who determine progress
is the request).
Who is this aimed at?
Because this forum has nothing to do with DJI.
It is not affiliated, sponsored or associated with DJI.
Nor do any DJI employees or representatives frequent these forums any more. (They used to post occasionally but have not for a very long time).

Who is this aimed at?
Because this forum has nothing to do with DJI.
It is not affiliated, sponsored or associated with DJI.
Nor do any DJI employees or representatives frequent these forums any more. (They used to post occasionally but have not for a very long time).
I took it as a “thinking out loud” type post. He does address pilots directly, however.

Have you never been around your friends and said, “you know they should really makeINSERT PRODUCT IDEA”? That’s how I took it.

Can someone translate what he was posting?
He’s suggesting making a high capacity smart battery. One that is officially supported and has all the features the original battery has that comes in a form factor that looks at least somewhat streamlined.

it’s been known for a long time that adding external batteries or using high capacity lipo packs will result in significantly increased flight time but the smart battery features don’t work as intended when you do that so you have to turn them off. Also it just doesn’t look as sleek or aerodynamic.

That DJI or another external company manufactured batteries of high capacity / duration ... Compatible with my M2P, it would seem fantastic ...
But I don't know how the secondary market of compatible and fully functional batteries for my Drone is, since it came from piloting other brands ...

That DJI or another external company manufactured batteries of high capacity / duration ... Compatible with my M2P, it would seem fantastic ...
But I don't know how the secondary market of compatible and fully functional batteries for my Drone is, since it came from piloting other brands ...
It’s non-existent that’s the idea

You can wish in one hand and ****in the other hand and see which one fills up first........

Last edited by a moderator:
A near future advancement in battery tech may be solid state batteries, which, compared to LIPO batts, have about twice the energy density (can you imagine a 60 minute flight?), up to 6 times faster charging, and a ten-year life. They may be mainstream for autos by 2025, and small stuff (smartphones, watches and drones), much sooner. What's more, they don't catch fire or explode.

Auto mfrs (and DJI) will be all over this.

it’s been known for a long time that adding external batteries or using high capacity lipo packs will result in significantly increased flight time but the smart battery features don’t work as intended when you do that so you have to turn them off. Also it just doesn’t look as sleek or aerodynamic.
Can you clarify the internal smart battery features that don't work as intended, that have to be turned off, to use external battery packs? I used external batteries extensively with the P3P and original P4, and the combined battery capacity and remaining flight times were accurately reported by the DJI GO app, with the externals hooked up in parallel with internal the stock battery. Only issue was when the externals had more voltage than the internal, and would then try and charge the internal, which would then cause cause the internal battery to shut off, so one had to make sure the externals started with less voltage than the internal battery. Also one had to hook up the externals after first powering up the internal, and reverse the process upon landing, disconnecting externals first. Kind of a pain, but it worked!

Can you clarify the internal smart battery features that don't work as intended, that have to be turned off, to use external battery packs? I used external batteries extensively with the P3P and original P4, and the combined battery capacity and remaining flight times were accurately reported by the DJI GO app, with the externals hooked up in parallel with internal the stock battery. Only issue was when the externals had more voltage than the internal, and would then try and charge the internal, which would then cause cause the internal battery to shut off, so one had to make sure the externals started with less voltage than the internal battery. Also one had to hook up the externals after first powering up the internal, and reverse the process upon landing, disconnecting externals first. Kind of a pain, but it worked!
If they created a XXL battery the DJI Go 4 software in a completely automatic and self-learning way (after adequate software update) would regulate rotor power to adapt them to the weight and every function that normal, so-called smart batteries have. In regards to external battery problems, I imagine they are not unified, but certainly an official battery, it would be like reliability and safe performance other thing regards.

I’m a fairly new drone user but I see batt life as one of the most limiting factors to drones.
The capabilities of the drone is almost like the Genie in the lamp . Big powers little living space . In the drone case big powers little tiny flying time . Don’t get me wrong I love my MA and the time I spend flying but I want a 60 min small light batt . 10 min recharge . Lifetime warranty . Price 19.95.

That’s not to much to ask for . Is it ?

Q

If they created a XXL battery the DJI Go 4 software in a completely automatic and self-learning way (after adequate software update) would regulate rotor power to adapt them to the weight and every function that normal, so-called smart batteries have. In regards to external battery problems, I imagine they are not unified, but certainly an official battery, it would be like reliability and safe performance other thing regards.
The external batteries I used for the P3P and P4 back in the day were seamlessly recognized and incorporated into DJI GO app, as long as they were connected after bootup with the internal battery, and at a lower voltage than the internal battery. That's why I was asking @sar104 about the internal smart battery features he was referring to that wouldn't work as intended. I never encountered any.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu