DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Pilot Plan / Mission Mode Only for Android?

JimD19

Reactions
I don't have the Plan / Mission mode in the DJI Pilot app that I downloaded to my iPhone with iOS 12.3.1. (I could swear it was there when I first downloaded it a week ago). So I called DJI, and they told me that the Plan / Mission mode is only available for Android devices. Can anyone confirm/refute that? Anyone using an iPhone with DJI Pilot, and able to select Plan / Mission mode?

I don't have the Plan / Mission mode in the DJI Pilot app that I downloaded to my iPhone with iOS 12.3.1. (I could swear it was there when I first downloaded it a week ago). So I called DJI, and they told me that the Plan / Mission mode is only available for Android devices. Can anyone confirm/refute that? Anyone using an iPhone with DJI Pilot, and able to select Plan / Mission mode?
Pilot app for IOS v1.1.0 does not have mission planning. This version is the most current as of Jun 27, 2019.
If you need mission capabilities, use the more powerful GSPro (IPad only)

Thank you, Keule. Alternatively, I suppose that the Smart Controller would also solve this problem, as it runs on Android - correct?
Yes, you have mission planning capabilities under Android Pilot (current 1.4.0)
Be aware that mapping setup is somehow limited in camera use (Only Phantoms and X7 cameras are natively supported) If you know how to define a custom camera, you can use Pilot app though

In any case, GSPro is way more powerful than Pilots' mission/mapping features.

Ironic that the iOS product is the neglected one in DJI Pilot, but the most capable app - GSPro - is specific to iOS! Thanks for clearing that up!

Pilot app for IOS v1.1.0 does not have mission planning. This version is the most current as of Jun 27, 2019.
If you need mission capabilities, use the more powerful GSPro (IPad only)
I thought about using the GSPro app, until I read the agreement. 6.2 you give them all the rights to your data(if I understand it right). F666659A-BFBF-439E-8A5F-7D4D704569C0.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU