DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Props self destruct?

There new rules in th EU and UK that require them. From an answer I read from DJI, the Enterprise props do not have the soft ends. Otherwise they are the same and interchangeable.
I'm curious- which new law can apply to both the EU and the UK, a non- member state?

I'm curious- which new law can apply to both the EU and the UK, a non- member state?
It's not the EU rule that applies, but the UK rule that applies just so happens to have been written so as to replicate the EU one. Pretty common for the geographically-close-but-non-member countries in the region...

View attachment 159927
During my pre-flight checks I noticed the silicon end of an A-Prop was damaged and almost coming off. I’ve only flown 7-8 batteries through the drone from new and these are the OEM props that came on the drone. I haven’t crashed it and haven’t landed with the props skimming anything. Has anyone else had this happen?

I’m going a set of Master Airscrew props to keep as spare. I’ve got brand new OEM props on that came with the fly more bundle for now but I’ll be keeping a close eye on them.
Looks like it contacted something to me. I fired my Mavic 3 up inside once to film the props spinning and did not realize it was too close to the leg of a chair. A prop grazed it and looked just like this. It could be be the picture but the long edge of your prop looks like it contacted something.

Just a heads up on MAS props for the M3P. I put a pair of lime green (not that the color matters) on my drone in November. Only flown about 12 hours on those props, since I've been flying the Avata daily. I used the MAS screws supplied with the props. On Monday while in midflight, one of the screw heads popped off allowing the prop to release. I fell about 50 ft onto a roadway, barely missing a car. I was not flying over traffic, was over an open field, but when I lost the prop, the drone headed west and I had no conrol. When I went to remove the other lime green props to switch them over to my Orange MAS props, another screw head literally fell off as I touched it with the screwdriver. DJI has sent a replacement drone under my Care Refresh, and I'm waiting to see what MAS will do to resolve this.
To recap, I used the MAS supplied screws, the heads appear thinner and thus weaker (?) than the heads on the DJI screws.
and I used a precision iFixit brand screwdriver, and did not over tighten the props.
I'm a big fan of MAS and use them on my fixed wings and my drones, dating back to the Phantom 1. The props are great, but the screw are just too small and weak IMO.
Wow! Maybe ill re-use the DJI screws with a drop of blue thread-lock.

Wow! Maybe ill re-use the DJI screws with a drop of blue thread-lock.
Master Airscrew upgraded the screws, not sure when. The props I had did not have upgraded screws though.
They refunded my money and I'm very content with their customer services.
I'm told that reusing the tiny stock screws is quite risky as well.
Edit: I need to clarify that this problem with the tiny screws is only in the Mini 3 Pro. The newer Mini 3 downgrade model uses a slightly larger screw than the MP3 did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob in Savannah
View attachment 159927
During my pre-flight checks I noticed the silicon end of an A-Prop was damaged and almost coming off. I’ve only flown 7-8 batteries through the drone from new and these are the OEM props that came on the drone. I haven’t crashed it and haven’t landed with the props skimming anything. Has anyone else had this happen?

I’m going a set of Master Airscrew props to keep as spare. I’ve got brand new OEM props on that came with the fly more bundle for now but I’ll be keeping a close eye on them.
Personally, I believe the OEM DJI props are the far superior choice.

I still have the og props from the factory on my M3 and Ive flown 12 battery cycles times the Three batteries I own.

Saying that, I would suspect you flew through some debris, bugs, etc since mine look nothing like yours. Mine are still in MINT condition. Not even close to replacing..Yet.

Reactions: RSD1982
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada