DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Race Edition Range test

Tazman34685

Reactions
Attempted to do a 600 foot flight, but the goggle gave issue. The picture froze and the color switched to B\W. Only thing I was able to do was RTH and take Goggles off to catch a visual reference of the Mavic's position. Is it me in the fold alone here or is the Goggles not up to that sort of range.

The RE's have had range issues from the start. There's a firmware update on the DJI site. Some people say installing the pagoda antenna helps, others say it doesn't. I getter range with it installed.

Others have done frequency changes in Go4 menus. There are many ideas about the RE range on this forum.

Mine were so bad out of the box I could get clear picture only when going straight up spinning around. At about 300 feet distance, they froze. The updates helped a lot.

I fly in wooded hill country and the weather plays a big part. If it's dry I get a clear view to 1600 feet. I might be able to do better but that's where the property line is and where I turn around.

If it's wet and humid I might make it just past the back yard fence. The RE's are terrible in wet conditions.