DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC 1.6.9. update - OA and compass observations

amajamar

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Here are my observations regarding the obstacle avoidance (or lack thereof) for the 1.6.9. update to the DJI RC. It had been observed by others that the aircraft would just "brake" and not "bypass" while recording in 4K60 after updating the RC.

I updated this morning and ran a test as well. My findings are that the behavior indicated above is as also observed in 4K50, 4K48, and 2.7K60, 2.7K50, and 2.7K48. The lower frame rates of 30, 25, and 24 (the ones that are marked "HD" on the remote), as well as all of the 1080 frame rates. were "bypassing" obstacles while recording.

I did not test the OA from the 1.6.8. version of the RC so I am not commenting on that.

I personally did not notice any compass fluctuations as others have observed. I did not experience the RC locking up as I did yesterday while still on 1.6.8., however that had only happened once since I had owned the drone.

I am new to all of this, so forgive me if I am leaving out anything you feel to be pertinent to this reporting.

Thanks.

Those obstacle avoidance limitations are in the manual, read the manual:

View attachment 152040
Well if that's the case, then nothing is "broken". It's odd that some people noticed that the OA was functioning at those high resolution frame rates before the update to 1.6.9. But as I mentioned, I did not test it prior to updating.

its basically that the higher frame rates ,combined with the OA being in bypass mode ,would probably produce to much heat internally ,and could cause the drone to shut down ,it is even worse if just hovering ,thats the unfortunate side affect, of packing so much electronics in a very small space ,and is something that all the mini size drones, with all the bells and whistles ,have issues with

its basically that the higher frame rates ,combined with the OA being in bypass mode ,would probably produce to much heat internally ,and could cause the drone to shut down ,it is even worse if just hovering ,thats the unfortunate side affect, of packing so much electronics in a very small space ,and is something that all the mini size drones, with all the bells and whistles ,have issues with
Thank you for that explanation!

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbtha7467