DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji RC and Mavic 3 - Soon to be working together

The more relevant compatibility will be making the RC Pro compatible with the Mini 3 Pro. RC Pro has far more buttons than the DJI RC, for keeping your hands on the sticks with the Mavic 3, while accessing menu items otherwise requiring screen touches and menu digging. It also has external antennas, a much brighter screen for those that need it, and it immediately connects to a saved phone hotspot.

DJI RC admittedly adds the essential missing second scroll wheel needed on the RC-N1 for simultaneous zoom and gimbal control, and adds a C1 and C2 button, but no Back button, no C3 button, and no 5 way button, and no mini HDMI out port. Cheaper, but you get what you pay for.
Back button is touch screen?

The new firmware update added combination of C1 + wheel, and C1 + wheel which unlocks another set of functionality, e.g. you could use this to adjust aperture and another exposure setting.

My 2 cents : This RC is just like the basic controller, but with the phone screen bake into it. At least it wouldn't go dim on the screen when its heated like your phone.

My 2 cents : This RC is just like the basic controller, but with the phone screen bake into it. At least it wouldn't go dim on the screen when its heated like your phone.
The RC has several major advantages over the base controller:

More precise sticks, for better control (i.e. videography)

Two scroll wheels (not 1), for gimbal and zoom (zoom can be changed to e.g. aperture)

Customisable C1 and C2 buttons on back, with double function when combined with scroll wheels

The RC has several major advantages over the base controller:

More precise sticks, for better control (i.e. videography)

Two scroll wheels (not 1), for gimbal and zoom (zoom can be changed to e.g. aperture)

Customisable C1 and C2 buttons on back, with double function when combined with scroll wheels
can a larger screen be used? HDMI out or a tablet?

Back button is touch screen?

The new firmware update added combination of C1 + wheel, and C1 + wheel which unlocks another set of functionality, e.g. you could use this to adjust aperture and another exposure setting.
Back button combinations and other buttons replace touching the screen.

can a larger screen be used? HDMI out or a tablet?
Absolutely, and you can have a telemetry free clean second screen mounted above the RC Pro for composition. Use a portable 7” monitor for $200 or go big with a 75” home TV! Just need a mini HDMI out cable. Can't do that with the RC-N1 or DJI RC.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
Absolutely, and you can have a telemetry free clean second screen mounted above the RC Pro for composition. Use a portable 7” monitor for $200 or go big with a 75” home TV! Just need a mini HDMI out cable. Can't do that with the RC-N1 or DJI RC.
that's what I plan on doing and soon. It will be a game changer!

I can't believe there is bias in a drone group like this... I may just set back and watch and never make a comment again!

that's what I plan on doing and soon. It will be a game changer!
LifThor makes a mount for the RC Pro. It's heavy, but will hold an 11” screen like the Feelworld.
Here is the mount.

LifThor makes a mount for the RC Pro. It's heavy, but will hold an 11” screen like the Feelworld.
Here is the mount.
thanks very much.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Here is the mount.

$299 at Amazon. https://amzn.to/3RWqqls

Available as a separate purchase, for the price they charge M3 it should really be standard. I get same range on DJI Mini 3 with DJI RC as I do with Mavic 3 and RC-N1, just mindful of keeping the RC pointing to the drone. Curious to see if it offers quick-switch to different drones as the Smart Controller did. Without it would be very inconvenient.

The bulk of what you're paying for in the M3 is the 4/3 sensor - they are extremely expensive (relative to other part costs) and show their value under less than ideal conditions and with more extreme post processing. In ideal conditions with no post processing, you probably won't be able to tell a difference between Mavic 3 footage and Mini 3 Pro footage. I know several Inspire 2 owners who now use a M3 and couldn't be happier about it's price - it's currently the cheapest and most compact solution for a flying 4/3 sensor on the market.

I probably sound like a broken record at this point but pretty much everyone complaining about the M3 price is not the target market and isn't likely to be taking advantage of the very things you pay a premium for. If you want the M3 for other reasons, like the secondary camera, the way it looks, it's size, etc. there is obviously nothing wrong with that, but it's going to feel overpriced if you aren't taking full advantage of the very thing you're paying a premium for.

Reactions: PAW and GadgetGuy
I bet I can out fly you.
Bahahahaha. Sure you can mate. You keep on believing in yourself, its a fine trait.
I do have to ask though, what drones are you flying. You know its not your skills flying these dji cameras, but the flight controller hardware and software. Your just telling it what you want it to do.
I would never try and compare my skills to another pilot, but i can compare my experience. I have been flying drones since starting out on military drones in the 80s, and Im not talking about rc hobby craft.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078