Join Us Now

DJI RC Is Soft....

RUFFSTUFF

RUFFSTUFF Media
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.ruffstuffmedia.com
SO... I just realized how thin skinned the RC is compared to the RC Pro. I just got tempered glass screen protectors for the RC today and as I was pressing down to seal the protector, the edges of it would separate from the screen. I realized that the screen was bending as I was pressing out a small bubble. I could actually fell it bend. I checked my RC Pro and it's as solid as a brick... No bending.

Be careful out there folks.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
SO... I just realized how thin skinned the RC is compared to the RC Pro. I just got tempered glass screen protectors for the RC today and as I was pressing down to seal the protector, the edges of it would separate from the screen. I realized that the screen was bending as I was pressing out a small bubble. I could actually fell it bend. I checked my RC Pro and it's as solid as a brick... No bending.

Had no problem installing my screen protector on my RC controller, even when I pressed it on and smoothed out any air pockets. No sign of issues. Could you have pressed a bit too hard ?

You get what you pay for, no surprise.
Yeah, I forgot you how good the RC Pro is with the Mini 3 Pro. 🙃

Back to topic: my RC does not bend. It is certainly lightweight and the build quality may be a tad cheaper than my older SC, but I like it and don't have the feeling I could somehow bend or squeeze it. Either you are quite powerful with your hands or your RC might be faulty.

Had no problem installing my screen protector on my RC controller, even when I pressed it on and smoothed out any air pockets. No sign of issues. Could you have pressed a bit too hard ?
You're missing the issue. The screen protector actually went on fine, it's that the screen bends and not with a lot of pressure. Maybe it's supposed to, maybe it doesn't matter... I'm just saying that in the obvious cost cutting to get the RC down in price, one of the things I noticed is that the screen isn't as sturdy as the RC Pro.

It is by design; the old RC Pro screen can break very easily. Whereas the RC screen is less rigid and thus better absorbent to external forces. As a matter of fact, newer RC Pro screen use the same technology which makes them more durable in the long run

You're missing the issue. The screen protector actually went on fine, it's that the screen bends and not with a lot of pressure. Maybe it's supposed to, maybe it doesn't matter... I'm just saying that in the obvious cost cutting to get the RC down in price, one of the things I noticed is that the screen isn't as sturdy as the RC Pro.
Understood your concerns with the build quality of the RC, unfortunately I have had no dealings with the the RC Pro, but have so far found the RC to work ok for me, but would from other reports and the cost of this controller obviously not comparable to the RC Pro at a substantial cost to the RC cost, other users have found the weight and size of the RC to be more manageable. But each to there own !

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
I always thought that was a stupid saying. Not like you pay for one thing and get another...usually. LOL
You can probably figure the price on DJI RC and compare it with RC Pro , two different scenarios , a cheap 700 nits display compared with something superior , only advantage you don't need a phone that dimm at 25 Celsius , a good thing for spring, fall and winter . Cheers from Thailand , 36 today at the beach no wind... No Dji RC

Build strength matches the Mini 3. Delicate is the word I would use to describe it.

Reactions: pommy and RUFFSTUFF
Understood your concerns with the build quality of the RC, unfortunately I have had no dealings with the the RC Pro, but have so far found the RC to work ok for me, but would from other reports and the cost of this controller obviously not comparable to the RC Pro at a substantial cost to the RC cost, other users have found the weight and size of the RC to be more manageable. But each to there own !
I don't have an issue with build quality, I think both controllers are great for what they are. I'm just recognizing an additional parameter of build difference.

No, Ruffstuff, we’re not missing the issue. Everybody understands what you are saying. You’re talking about the build quality of the RC. It’s just that those commenting didn’t see the same issue on their device. It doesn’t mean yours doesn’t have it. I always get a chuckle from friends who do the same thing, i.e., if I don’t immediately agree with their position, then I’m missing the issue. Nope, I’m just seeing the issue differently.

Hope you don’t get upset with me for being a little lighthearted with your comments, I’m not trying to be critical. Actually, your comments caught my eye because I have a RC Pro and had been considering whether to put one of those tempered glass screen shields on the Pro. I still haven’t done it because others have said it does not reflect sunlight well. Regardless, thanks for your comment and I look forward to more of your adventures. Enjoy safe and happy flying!

Yeah, I forgot you how good the RC Pro is with the Mini 3 Pro. 🙃

Back to topic: my RC does not bend. It is certainly lightweight and the build quality may be a tad cheaper than my older SC, but I like it and don't have the feeling I could somehow bend or squeeze it. Either you are quite powerful with your hands or your RC might be faulty.
If you get a tempered screen protector for the RC, you will have to press it down to seal, then you will see what I am talking about.

Reactions: Flashheart
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121