DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC Pro Compatibilty

Garo

Reactions
I've been searching this site and others and I am getting mixed answers so I will post here and see if you have any experience with my question. My drone currently is a Mavic 2 Pro and I am looking for a smart controller because of the brighter screen. The original smart controller that I know worked on the M2P is now discontinued and replaced by the DJI RC Pro. As I said, I read where the two are comparable and others they are not. Before spending $1200 on the DJI RC Pro, I'd like to make sure it is compatible with the M2P.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jalami
I've been searching this site and others and I am getting mixed answers so I will post here and see if you have any experience with my question. My drone currently is a Mavic 2 Pro and I am looking for a smart controller because of the brighter screen. The original smart controller that I know worked on the M2P is now discontinued and replaced by the DJI RC Pro. As I said, I read where the two are comparable and others they are not. Before spending $1200 on the DJI RC Pro, I'd like to make sure it is compatible with the M2P.
Not at this time. The RC Pro only supports the Mavic 3 and the Air 2S currently.
DJI is said to only add new additions to compatibility with newer products. The Mini 2 is expected to be added soon.
It is highly doubtful that DJI will make the Mavic 2 compatible as it uses the ocusync 2 rather than 3.

Reactions: zeusfl
Not at this time. The RC Pro only supports the Mavic 3 and the Air 2S currently.
DJI is said to only add new additions to compatibility with newer products. The Mini 2 is expected to be added soon.
It is highly doubtful that DJI will make the Mavic 2 compatible as it uses the ocusync 2 rather than 3.
Thank you. I guess those of us that have the Mavic 2 series are already left out in the cold. Hard to believe they would discontinue a controller for something as recent as the Mavic 2 unless they have a replacement for it. It's not like it's old enough to be considered "end of life"

Thank you. I guess those of us that have the Mavic 2 series are already left out in the cold. Hard to believe they would discontinue a controller for something as recent as the Mavic 2 unless they have a replacement for it. It's not like it's old enough to be considered "end of life"
There are tons of Smart controllers up for sale on the net. I would consider checking that out if you want compatibility.
We even have them in our classified section quiet often.

Reactions: Garo and Kilrah
The Mini 2 is also Ocusync 2. I am not sure there is any real limitation to adding the Mavic 2, Air 2, or Mini 2 to the new RC Pro other than DJI's resistance to do so. Only time will tell.

This sucks for me. My M2P Smart Controller loses connection every minute or so during flight. I’m reluctnt to spend money on a replacement. sinc ethe SC Pro isn’t compatible, it looks like I will have to go backwards to a phone driven system. Sending in my SC to DJI for possible repair, but I don’t have my hopes up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki