DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC with Alientech Duo ii

teeraash

Reactions
A new member with first post here. I've finished modifying RC controller for AT Duo ii. It is quite easy to unassembled the controller but had to be very precise on drilling holes as shoulder width of the RC is a bit narrow. I stick 3M Magic Tape on the controller so I can draw two circles where I wanted to drill holes and it would help if you practicing drilling holes in whatever piece of plastic you have to make sure that you drill exact size of hole for a male QMA supplied from AT. In addition, I've put
rubber O-rings under QMA to adjust for a slight slant of shoulder areas of controller to make QMA shafts straight vertically (see attached images). All in all it comes out better than I expected and I can use this controller for my mini 3 pro and Mavic 3.IMG_20220805_114415.jpgIMG_20220805_112048.jpgIMG_20220805_112133.jpg

Let us know of the improvements you expereience over the stock DJI RC setup. If you already owned the AT Duo II, it's probably worth doing. However, if not, the stock RC Pro offers everything you could want and more in a much more ergonomic setup (no separate batteries to charge and much lighter), with proper external antennas, 1000 nits, with many more customizable buttons, and the ability to load other apps. It is pricey at $1200, but everyone who has tried it finds it a worthwhile upgrade, especially if you own the M3! Eventually, the RC Pro will also have to support the Mini 3 Pro. No reason not to.

I have Duo ii, RC and RC N1. I've ordered RC Pro from AliExpress and expect to get it by the end of this month. It's very difficult to find one at the moment. Amazon jacks up the price to 1600usd. Ability to install third party apps are very important to me so I've to bite the bullet.

Modifying RC Pro should be easier as I don't have to drill anything.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I have Duo ii, RC and RC N1. I've ordered RC Pro from AliExpress and expect to get it by the end of this month. It's very difficult to find one at the moment. Amazon jacks up the price to 1600usd. Ability to install third party apps are very important to me so I've to bite the bullet.

Modifying RC Pro should be easier as I don't have to drill anything.
Best of all, the RC Pro won't need the antenna mod. It already has 4x the power output of the RC-N1! That's one of its most salient features!

Best of all, the RC Pro won't need the antenna mod. It already has 4x the power output of the RC-N1! That's one of its most salient features!
Exact same reason why I never modded mine.

20220805_184403.jpg

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I flew my Mavic 3 yesterday morning in congested area of Bangkok. It went to about 1.5k, wifi signal was full 4 bars but video transmission was freezing so I had to push RTH button. The controller was RC with Alientech Duo ii. What's your take?

I flew my Mavic 3 yesterday morning in congested area of Bangkok. It went to about 1.5k, wifi signal was full 4 bars but video transmission was freezing so I had to push RTH button. The controller was RC with Alientech Duo ii. What's your take?
Wait for the superior RC Pro to arrive.

A new member with first post here. I've finished modifying RC controller for AT Duo ii. It is quite easy to unassembled the controller but had to be very precise on drilling holes as shoulder width of the RC is a bit narrow. I stick 3M Magic Tape on the controller so I can draw two circles where I wanted to drill holes and it would help if you practicing drilling holes in whatever piece of plastic you have to make sure that you drill exact size of hole for a male QMA supplied from AT. In addition, I've put
rubber O-rings under QMA to adjust for a slight slant of shoulder areas of controller to make QMA shafts straight vertically (see attached images). All in all it comes out better than I expected and I can use this controller for my mini 3 pro and Mavic 3.View attachment 152838View attachment 152836View attachment 152837
Excellent Job.
Alientech is shipping it bracket adapter starting Sept 17.
rubber O-rings under QMA to adjust for a slight slant of shoulder areas of controller to make QMA shafts straight vertically (see attached images). All in all it comes out better than I expected and I can use this controller for my mini 3 pro and Mavic 3.View attachment 152838View attachment 152836View attachment 152837
Excellent !
Alientech will ship the new bracket for the DJI RC on Sept 17th. I've ordered one... Should be easy to install...

Attachments

• Alientech for DJI RC 1.jpg
    Alientech for DJI RC 1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 18
  • Alientech for DJI RC 2.jpg
    Alientech for DJI RC 2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 17
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads