DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Refresh - exchanged my Mavic Pro! What to do?

WilliamG

Reactions
Hey all,

I had to exchange my Mavic Pro for a new Mavic Pro at Best Buy yesterday (wobbly rear arm). The new drone works fine, but DJI are being really slow to respond to my email to potentially transfer my paid-for DJI Refresh from the returned drone to the new drone.

Would it be better for me to buy Refresh AGAIN from DJI for the NEW drone, and then apply for a refund for the RETURNED drone?

I'm just not sure what the best way to do this is. I have 48 hours to buy Refresh on this new Mavic Pro, which ends in about 16 hours from now. So I'm trying to save myself any hassle here...

Thoughts?

God help you with their customer service ...

:mad:

I'm getting that feeling...

It's certainly part of the reason I'm having MAJOR second thoughts about my Mavic Air order.

I'm just not sure what to do here!

I emailed them when they sent me a new drone and they switched it ASAP , tell them your OLD number
and give them the NEW number in the email.

Had nothing but great service with them so far
Gatta remember its after xmas and there busy with so many claims
from all the new folks crashing after xmas.

Reactions: Checho
I emailed them when they sent me a new drone and they switched it ASAP , tell them your OLD number
and give them the NEW number in the email.

I emailed them with the agreement number, original serial and new drone serial. I’ve just not heard back.

Reactions: Pixar
Just give it a little more time.

In your case THEY sent you a new drone. In my case this was just an exchange at Best Buy. I get the feeling I’m better off buying DJI Refresh again, and then trying to get a refund on Refresh on the original Mavic Pro that was returned/exchanged.

I think you will have better/quicker response with transferring your Refresh to your new drone. I was in the same situation and the transfer was quick and easy. A quick phone call and exchange of emails was all it took.

Customer service in China is not going to get any better for a while.
Google Chinese new year holidays in 2018 or public holidays in China 2018 and get ready to hear nothing for about a month.
mikemoose55

I think you will have better/quicker response with transferring your Refresh to your new drone. I was in the same situation and the transfer was quick and easy. A quick phone call and exchange of emails was all it took.

Define “exchange of emails.” It’s been almost two days and I REALLY don’t want them to say no so I get stuck with proving my them 2.5-day-old new Mavic is not damaged.

Just to even things out. My refresh was sorted within a matter of hours and that was this week. Is there a different customer service department for Europe? Whenever I’ve contacted DJI I’ve had a response immediately.

Just to even things out. My refresh was sorted within a matter of hours and that was this week. Is there a different customer service department for Europe? Whenever I’ve contacted DJI I’ve had a response immediately.

I’m in the USA. Can you explain your situation in a little more detail so I understand what happened for you?

I’m in the USA. Can you explain your situation in a little more detail so I understand what happened for you?

I exchanged my MPP through Amazon. The original was defective. I had purchased the refresh before the first flight. When I received my replacement MPP I emailed DJI to request the transfer of the refresh to the new drone.
An hour later I received a reply asking for my details and proof of return and exchange to Amazon. This email was received on Monday at 17:03. I replied almost immediately and at 20:58 DJI replied and sent me a copy of the refresh cover for the exchanged unit.

My dealings regarding the refresh issue was very quick and straight forward. I know it doesn’t help you but all is not lost

I exchanged my MPP through Amazon. The original was defective. I had purchased the refresh before the first flight. When I received my replacement MPP I emailed DJI to request the transfer of the refresh to the new drone.
An hour later I received a reply asking for my details and proof of return and exchange to Amazon. This email was received on Monday at 17:03. I replied almost immediately and at 20:58 DJI replied and sent me a copy of the refresh cover for the exchanged unit.

My dealings regarding the refresh issue was very quick and straight forward. I know it doesn’t help you but all is not lost

Thank you for the update.

My dealings are not going as well. They keep asking me for information I've sent them already!

And this has led me to want to cancel my Mavic Air I ordered a day ago and they can't cancel it! What a **** joke!

Thank you for the update.

My dealings are not going as well. They keep asking me for information I've sent them already!

And this has led me to want to cancel my Mavic Air I ordered a day ago and they can't cancel it! What a **** joke!

This leads me to believe that there is a different customer service department for U.K. owners. I wish you well and that you get your issue sorted very soon.

I’m not going to bother with the MA. Will wait for MP2 or Inspire 3 if the wife will let me have one lol

I would most definitely purchase Refresh for your new drone immediately - that way you know you will be covered should anything go wrong. A refund can always be chased up later on for the old Refresh.

In further communication with DJI, tell them that since they were taking so long to reply you were somewhat forced to purchase cover for your new one so you wouldn’t miss the deadline.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kon_boz