DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI REFUSE TO HONOR WARRANTY PART 2

I think I know why he has a hard time dealing DJI customer support. He thinks everyone are idiots. If you don’t know respect for others, don’t expect any in return.
Or expect them to behave as they are treated, and to deny any discretion or benefit of doubt that might be available to them. Starting a conversation with demanding a supervisor immediately puts you at a disadvantage.

Reactions: Kilrah
What you are saying is typical of all Chinese companies. They don't care about aftersale support, only pushing as much product out the door as possible. In China they don't maintain anything and the build quality is subpar to begin with. It's their culture and we westerners are not going to change their ways. The only thing we can do is stop buying the products.
Agreed. They are just out to take our money selling an inferior quality product. We buy and have to live with the ****. DJI are portraying themselves as the best when they are far from it.

Reactions: hoggdoc
Well guys, I have bad news to tell, I received my Mavic 2 zoom today and was very happy to test it out, well let me back track a little. When I open the box that my drone was in I had a feeling something was wrong. Something tells me it wasn't fix. Turns out I was right, all DJI did was let it sit on their repair bench for a couple of days and said it's fix and send it out. Very disappointed. Does anyone know of another way to solve this.
To those who are new to this thread let me explain again the story. I got the Zoom Sept 10, and was very happy with it, Well about 2 weeks later I was out flying with my buddy and I notice that the APAS wasn't doing what it was suppose to, Like in a very slow speed go around a taget(Such as myself) and during flight it has a very sharp turn. Than I went and try the ACTIVE track mode, it follow me around till it ran straight into a branch ( Keep in mind I have done this active track in the same area countless times before and it went up and down avoiding the branch) not this time (It came crashing about 5ft). So I call DJI talk to a tech support guy( knows nothing about the MAVIC ZOOM sorry to say this). He told me to delete my DJIGO4 apps and reinstall it which I did, and he told me to go to DJI ASSIST 2 (which DJI wanted the flight record and I couldn't provide because it was delete) and refresh the firmware, which I did and no help at all, so I requested a return label to send in the drone.
4 days later I received an email saying it was going to cost me $280 to fix the drone, it needed a gimble and right landing arm, Piss off i was, I request to talk to a supervisor which I did and she said that it was my fault that I ran into a tree, I explain to her that it wasn't working correctly that's why I ran into the tree(branch) I also told her that what does my gimble and landing arm have to do with my complaints, Her answer was "Sorry". The next day I email DJI wanting to talk to someone high in Management, got a phone call from someone in NJ asking me to explain the whole story which I did and he said I quote, "IF THE DRONE ISN'T PERFUMING THE WAY IT'S ADVERTISE THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANY REPAIR FEES, AND BESIDES ITS THE REASON YOU RAN INTO A TREE, DON'T WORRY I WILL PERSONALLY CONTACT LA DJI TO GET IT STRAIGHTEN OUT, ALLOW ME 24 HOURS. Well 24 hours went by no phone call no emails, so I email again requesting to speak to another manager. a day later another manager call me from NJ again wanting to know the detail again, He too said that he'll contact DJI and have it square out, The next day i received and email saying repairs done and shipped out with tracking number.

I'm positive DJI never even tested my drone.
These are my problems:
*Have to calibrate compass every time before flight even though my IMU and compass are normal.
*Radio control display POOR even if its 2 feet away.
*APAS doesn't not perform correctly, I remember when I first had it when you press the APAS it turns blue and a message comes up in the middle saying APAS enable, now I don't see it, the Icon does turn blue though.
* Active track, DJI could not tell me why, before when I was in active track I see a green Icon next to the active track icon saying SAFE on it, Now instead of saying SAFE, it says SLOW, and when I tap on it it turns red and says FAST.
If anyone have suggestions or knowledge of this let me know, I'm so frustrated I'm thinking of making a video of my complaints and burn this drone and post it on youtube for the world to see how horrible DJI service is.
Hei, I am sorry to hear what you expirience, and believe me I know how your feel. Because I am having the same issue like you. Here my story;

Since Last 6 month ago.
1. (CAS-2430727-C3W2J1)
Mid September 25, 2018, I Purchase Mavic pro 2 zooms. First 2 weeks I flew several times using the APAS mode and it was working great. After 2 weeks flying the Mavic 2 pro, I notice when I turned on the APAS there was no notification like usually shows “APAS is enable”, when the drone hit an obstacle it doesn’t go around it, but instead the drone stops. I called DJI customer service and they asked me to do sensors calibration, remove/reinstall DJI go 4, and down grade to factory setting. So after doing all that it still does not work. DJI decided to ask me to send the drone to DJI Repair facilities.

November 12, 2018, after checking by DJI’s technician, they decided to replace a new drone back to me, and ask what had happen? They said it had malfunction chip that needed to be replaced. I flew the new replacement drone for several days, the Mavic worked great again; the “APAS” mode turn on notification show “APAS is enable” I was enjoying it! One morning I started to fly it again, the first thing I noticed was it has no notification “APAS is enable”, this time the APAS is not working again. During this time I had to go to Indonesia I brought my broken drone back with me, when I was in Indonesia, I brought my drone to DJI distributor in Jakarta, and I ask them about my APAS; so they test flying it the technician said they never encounter similar issue like mine. So they suggest sending it back to DJI. When I arrived back to SF, I decide to do a little searching in regard similar issue, I found one person have similar issue. I contacted him, he was angry with the DJI and was in the process of filing a lawsuit against DJI, because DJI doesn’t want to honor the warranty, so anyway I decide to call DJI again and they ask me to send the drone back.

3. CAS-2671575-D0N4L2
So after a few days in DJI’s repair facilities, I received an invoice showing $0 to pay and DJI sending the drone back. I thought drone was fixed. As soon I received it, I tried to test it, again I notice when I highlighted the APAS it doesn’t have any notification “APAS IS ENABLE’, sure enough when I tested it, the drone did not go around the obstacle. I contacted again to DJI, but this time they escalated my case to supervisor. I spoke to Francis (supervisor), after talking to Francis he asked me to do a video showing what I am experiencing with drone. So I did, and he asks me to send the drone back. FYI THE VIDEO IS USELESS IT DOESN’T HELP.

4. (CAS-2914392-P9K6R0)
Now the drone is back in DJI repair facilities. I call them every day and they seem that they don’t know how to handle my case. After Being in the DJI facility for 2 weeks, finally DJI has to something to say. DJI told me they cannot warranty my drone, because there were scratches on my lenses and ask me if I crashed it? The Answer is No, they ask why there were scratches on the drone? I said probably the scratches occurred during the packing process. I was so frustrated, that I decided to request it be escalated to the manager. After 2 days of waiting, I received no call from a manager, I decided that I had no more patience for this situation. I had already spent many hours everyday talking to DJI, so it was not worth my time to argue with them. I decided to exercise my DJI CARE, I had to pay $119.

5. A few days later (5/2/2019) I received my new replacement drone back. I
flew it and using the APAS mode, and it flew perfectly. It calculated the path when the sensors seen the obstacle, it went around, dodging every obstacle.

May 4th Sherry (manager) call me, she was very sweet, I felt relieved there was someone from DJI who cares about their customers experience. So I explained everything I experienced with the drone. I told her I just got my replacement from ‘DJI CARE” a new drone that I had to pay $119 and I told her this drone was working fine; The APAS is working great. She told me she going help to get my $119 back.

On (5/7/2019) when I start turn on the APAS there are no showing on the screen “APAS ENABLE” , right away I knew I am facing the same problem. So I made the video please take look

6. 5/8/2019. The following days I received a rejection letter from Sherry stating that the claim for $119 was rejected, with the reasoning being that she couldn’t find any issue with my drone, she said she already talk the highest technician guy, they check my drone and no Issue. I am not worried about the $119, even though I do not feel it’s right that I have to exercise my DJI CARE to get a fully functional drone back.

7. Cas 3047614 case.
Now I face similar problem with my replacement drone, that I had to pay $119
By using my DJI care. This time when I call, DJI custormer service they give me the run around. They give me promise after promise but this issue is not going any where. Now I have malfunctioning drone, which has me scared to fly.

8. Cas 3067806-k4h9r7.(May 28, 2019) Send the drone back to repair facilities. Received the drone back Jun 6. Is still malfunction. Your tech claims that there are nothing wrong the drone. I finally hired a drone expert. And I made the video with Anita verifying the drone APAS is malfunction.

Well guys, I have bad news to tell, I received my Mavic 2 zoom today and was very happy to test it out, well let me back track a little. When I open the box that my drone was in I had a feeling something was wrong. Something tells me it wasn't fix. Turns out I was right, all DJI did was let it sit on their repair bench for a couple of days and said it's fix and send it out. Very disappointed. Does anyone know of another way to solve this.
To those who are new to this thread let me explain again the story. I got the Zoom Sept 10, and was very happy with it, Well about 2 weeks later I was out flying with my buddy and I notice that the APAS wasn't doing what it was suppose to, Like in a very slow speed go around a taget(Such as myself) and during flight it has a very sharp turn. Than I went and try the ACTIVE track mode, it follow me around till it ran straight into a branch ( Keep in mind I have done this active track in the same area countless times before and it went up and down avoiding the branch) not this time (It came crashing about 5ft). So I call DJI talk to a tech support guy( knows nothing about the MAVIC ZOOM sorry to say this). He told me to delete my DJIGO4 apps and reinstall it which I did, and he told me to go to DJI ASSIST 2 (which DJI wanted the flight record and I couldn't provide because it was delete) and refresh the firmware, which I did and no help at all, so I requested a return label to send in the drone.
4 days later I received an email saying it was going to cost me $280 to fix the drone, it needed a gimble and right landing arm, Piss off i was, I request to talk to a supervisor which I did and she said that it was my fault that I ran into a tree, I explain to her that it wasn't working correctly that's why I ran into the tree(branch) I also told her that what does my gimble and landing arm have to do with my complaints, Her answer was "Sorry". The next day I email DJI wanting to talk to someone high in Management, got a phone call from someone in NJ asking me to explain the whole story which I did and he said I quote, "IF THE DRONE ISN'T PERFUMING THE WAY IT'S ADVERTISE THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANY REPAIR FEES, AND BESIDES ITS THE REASON YOU RAN INTO A TREE, DON'T WORRY I WILL PERSONALLY CONTACT LA DJI TO GET IT STRAIGHTEN OUT, ALLOW ME 24 HOURS. Well 24 hours went by no phone call no emails, so I email again requesting to speak to another manager. a day later another manager call me from NJ again wanting to know the detail again, He too said that he'll contact DJI and have it square out, The next day i received and email saying repairs done and shipped out with tracking number.

I'm positive DJI never even tested my drone.
These are my problems:
*Have to calibrate compass every time before flight even though my IMU and compass are normal.
*Radio control display POOR even if its 2 feet away.
*APAS doesn't not perform correctly, I remember when I first had it when you press the APAS it turns blue and a message comes up in the middle saying APAS enable, now I don't see it, the Icon does turn blue though.
* Active track, DJI could not tell me why, before when I was in active track I see a green Icon next to the active track icon saying SAFE on it, Now instead of saying SAFE, it says SLOW, and when I tap on it it turns red and says FAST.
If anyone have suggestions or knowledge of this let me know, I'm so frustrated I'm thinking of making a video of my complaints and burn this drone and post it on youtube for the world to see how horrible DJI service is.
please let know if you solve the problem. Let me know anything at all. Thank you so much for sharing.

I can’t imagine you will get anything useful from that dude. He claims to have smashed his drone to pieces and burned it and that he was in process of legal action with DJI. We see these blow hards all the time who are all talk behind a keyboard and have no real substance to anything they say.
Maybe @FlyingDetector could tell us all how his “legal proceedings” are going.

I can’t imagine you will get anything useful from that dude. He claims to have smashed his drone to pieces and burned it and that he was in process of legal action with DJI. We see these blow hards all the time who are all talk behind a keyboard and have no real substance to anything they say.
Maybe @FlyingDetector could tell us all how his “legal proceedings” are going.

Exactly who are you referring to as a "blowhard"? If you are talking about FlyingDetector I personally didn't see anything unreasonable about his account of what his experience has been with DJI.

I know I will never buy another DJI product (currently own a ver 1 Mavic Pro), mainly because of their taking the position that it is their place to tell their end users where and when they can fly. I feel they do this because they know that the overwhelming number of incidents with UAVs, Dones, multi-rotors involve the use of one of their products. I personally know of one friend that sold his Mavic great financial loss because couldn't even fly it in his backyard because of the on board system said he was within a airport zone, which he really wasn't.

Todays DJI products don't need to be flown, they simply need to be steered or pointed where the operator wants to go. It was a lot different when I built my first Flamewheel 450 years ago. There was no FPV, you needed to learn how to fly LOS and maintain the proper orientation. I crashed many times turning that learning curve, today you take it out of the box, maybe charge a battery and push button to take off and land. A 4 years old could do this and that's the problem.

I’m talking about his claims of smashing and burning his drone and taking legal action. I doubt any of that happened and hence I’m calling him a blowhard. If you think that is reasonable behaviour then good for you, but I find that behaviour childish are stupid (in my eyes). I’ve read sooo many posts from dudes that are taking DJI to court and are going to ruin them, but I’ve yet to read 1 example of any evidence of this.

If you are such an anti DJI person, I wonder why you are bothering to still be here?
I also flew the flame wheels when they came out with all the low tech and enjoyed the experience. I never managed to crash though, so wondering at your skills if you crashed many times.
Also built early drones from drawing board, not kits as you are talking about, and certainly crashed a few of these.
Not sure what any of this has to do with my comment on the churlish behaviour of @FlyingDetector, who is still welcome to join back with the chat and tell us of his progress with his legal procedings

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme