DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Repair - DO IT!!

singram

Reactions
I'm sure alot of long time pilot already know this, but FYI- Even if your crashed DJI drone isnt covered under a Refresh Plan, do not hesitate to submit a service repair ticket to DJI support. Long story short, I crashed my Mini 2 in a neighbors tree and it sat out in the rain for 2 days before I was able to locate it. The battery access door was torn off, the gimble was completely severed from the drone, all props destroyed, and obvious water infiltration. Based on the awesome stories I've read about here and Reddit/Drones, I went ahead and submitted a ticket at dji.com/support. A couple hours later, I was emailed a shipping label for the drone. 2 days later I received a quote on the support portal- $71.00 USD total. I paid via credit card. Fast forward 5 days later, I was pleasantly surprised to receive not my Mini 2, but a BRAND NEW Mini 2(different serial number) with all the stickers still attached. I'm not going to, but I even had the option to add a Refresh plan to it, since its newly activated.

I usually am not one to hype up a company or product, but I do give credit where its due. DJI blew me away, and as long as I'm flying drones will have a customer for life!

Good info, thanks for sharing. You're not going to add DJI Care Refresh to a Mini 2? Why not, it's super cheaper! You don't have to use it if you don't wish but isn't Flyaway Coverage worth it?

Good info, thanks for sharing. You're not going to add DJI Care Refresh to a Mini 2? Why not, it's super cheaper! You don't have to use it if you don't wish but isn't Flyaway Coverage worth it?
Cheaper than a 1 time fee of $71.00? ; ) I could be wrong, but I thought the Flyaway Coverage was something else entirely(?) Anyway, I did get the Refresh plan on the Mavic 3.

Cheaper than a 1 time fee of $71.00? ; ) I could be wrong, but I thought the Flyaway Coverage was something else entirely(?) Anyway, I did get the Refresh plan on the Mavic 3.
Cheaper? Probably not, I dunno. DJI Care Refresh costs $50 and the first replacement also costs $50 so you'll pay $100 and then if you crash again, you pay another $60. So the average for two repairs is probably @ $80 and if you get 2 years DJI Care Refresh, probably less. These are the known costs that you can bank on but it is certainly possible to have a repair that cost less than $100 as you luckily found out with $71. Again, if you have DJI Care Refresh and you have a small repair that is inexpensive, you are free to take it in lieu of triggering your care plan. The $50 DJI Care Refresh mitigates your risk in the event you have a catastrophic repair. For example, when a drone plunges into the water and you cannot recover it in which case you could pay $225.

Did you get lucky or are Mini 2 repairs typically and consistently under $100? Obviously it's a personal choice but I've seen a lot of crashes that come off pretty expensive so YMMV. In addition, DJI Care Refresh will extend your warranty. I remember when Mini 2 Care Refresh went for $39 so I guess it's gone up a bit. At that time, it was a no-brainer.

I'm sure alot of long time pilot already know this, but FYI- Even if your crashed DJI drone isnt covered under a Refresh Plan, do not hesitate to submit a service repair ticket to DJI support. Long story short, I crashed my Mini 2 in a neighbors tree and it sat out in the rain for 2 days before I was able to locate it. The battery access door was torn off, the gimble was completely severed from the drone, all props destroyed, and obvious water infiltration. Based on the awesome stories I've read about here and Reddit/Drones, I went ahead and submitted a ticket at dji.com/support. A couple hours later, I was emailed a shipping label for the drone. 2 days later I received a quote on the support portal- $71.00 USD total. I paid via credit card. Fast forward 5 days later, I was pleasantly surprised to receive not my Mini 2, but a BRAND NEW Mini 2(different serial number) with all the stickers still attached. I'm not going to, but I even had the option to add a Refresh plan to it, since its newly activated.

I usually am not one to hype up a company or product, but I do give credit where its due. DJI blew me away, and as long as I'm flying drones will have a customer for life!
Same here... only I only had to pay $62.50 for my brand new Mini 2. Outstanding customer service!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka