DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Repair sends me a BRAND NEW factory fresh Mavic!!!

maxfaxdude

Reactions
After multiple crashes (I believe it was 5) that were all my fault, I finally decided to send my first Mavic into the DJI repair center in Cerritos, California on April 17, 2017. I was a little hesitant and worried, because I had heard of several unpleasant experiences that others have posted about DJI Repair. The bird would still fly just fine and there were no problems with the camera/video but...
1) The metal screen behind the gimbal was cracked
2) The right front landing gear was cracked
3) The right rear landing gear was missing
4) The black plastic tab underneath the right rear motor was missing
5) The shoulder piece that attaches the body to the right rear arm was cracked

The bill was $214.00 (I did not purchase DJI refresh) for, per the invoice, replacement of the top cover, back left motor arm, middle frame, gimbal arm, left front landing gear and 2 hour service charge.

My bird had an orange digicam skin from Decal Girl.

I received the "repaired" Mavic today and what I got appears to be a factory fresh (NOT refurbished) new Mavic with not a speck of dust or dirt or blemish on it, a different serial number and all of the factory stickers.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Reactions: KiterTodd and zeera
No. Haven't had to send mine in yet.
One question: how do you crash the Mavic 5 times!!?!?

Reactions: cvanhoose
what was your turn around time from being sent in and to receiving? did you call or fill out the online form with ups label? i might need to send in my mavic but i have the dji care refresh. I just worry that it may take weeks/months. thanks for any info

Good for you. Maybe that's an advantage of paying out of your own pocket. At least you got your moneys worth.

I received the "repaired" Mavic today and what I got appears to be a factory fresh (NOT refurbished) new Mavic with not a speck of dust or dirt or blemish on it, a different serial number and all of the factory stickers.
Refurbs can come with all the factory stickers too. The build date from the serial will probably reveal if it is actually brand new.
DJI Mavic Pro Serial Number Decoder
Either way - refurb or new sounds like you scored a unit in mint condition.

Reactions: jash123
After multiple crashes (I believe it was 5) that were all my fault, I finally decided to send my first Mavic into the DJI repair center in Cerritos, California on April 17, 2017. I was a little hesitant and worried, because I had heard of several unpleasant experiences that others have posted about DJI Repair. The bird would still fly just fine and there were no problems with the camera/video but...
1) The metal screen behind the gimbal was cracked
2) The right front landing gear was cracked
3) The right rear landing gear was missing
4) The black plastic tab underneath the right rear motor was missing
5) The shoulder piece that attaches the body to the right rear arm was cracked

The bill was $214.00 (I did not purchase DJI refresh) for, per the invoice, replacement of the top cover, back left motor arm, middle frame, gimbal arm, left front landing gear and 2 hour service charge.

My bird had an orange digicam skin from Decal Girl.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

You lucked out, from what I hear. Their "repairs" that I've read about all tend to be replacements of the Mavic sent in, sometimes with what appears to be a refurbished Mavic, which may have its own set of issues.
I may have had a similar experience to yours when I sent in my first Mavic for gimbal repair and got "my" Mavic back with a different serial number but otherwise okay apart from a couple lumps in front (but those are another story.)

No. Haven't had to send mine in yet.
One question: how do you crash the Mavic 5 times!!?!?

Like everything I own, I have pushed the bird to it's limits.

I have flown the Mavic over 4 miles out, in up to 59 MPH winds, in slot canyons less than 10 feet across on, through wintertime clouds, in temps well below zero and ran the battery down all the way down. Nearly every time, the Mavic has handled it well. Almost too well! But sometimes I get cocky and overconfident. Or just make a mistake in a place with little margin for error.

Refurbs can come with all the factory stickers too. The build date from the serial will probably reveal if it is actually brand new.
DJI Mavic Pro Serial Number Decoder
Either way - refurb or new sounds like you scored a unit in mint condition.

If this bird is refurbished, then DJI did one h*ll of a job. I checked it out again in the daylight and it looks totally brand new.

what was your turn around time from being sent in and to receiving? did you call or fill out the online form with ups label? i might need to send in my mavic but i have the dji care refresh. I just worry that it may take weeks/months. thanks for any info

Went online and filled out the repair form. Sent the bird in via UPS on April 17 and got it back via UPS on May 2. Not too bad a turn around time.

If this bird is refurbished, then DJI did one h*ll of a job. I checked it out again in the daylight and it looks totally brand new.

Yes but what manufacturing date did the serial number decoder give you?

Rob

March 16, 2017

That falls right into the Yellow zone of time periods. Yes its more than likely brand new. I would say April 15th and up would certainly be new. If you say it looks new then it is new but I would not be surprised if someone had that same date and said they got a scratched refurbished model.

Rob

Gotta ask about the 59mph wind. Since max speed of the Mavic is around 40mph i'm curious as to how that even works.

That falls right into the Yellow zone of time periods. Yes its more than likely brand new. I would say April 15th and up would certainly be new. If you say it looks new then it is new but I would not be surprised if someone had that same date and said they got a scratched refurbished model.

Rob

I must have got lucky, definitely NOT a refurb!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998