DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI replaced my M3P. How do I take it off my name and register the new drone?

badshah

Reactions
Hello experts. DJI replaced my Mini 3 Pro with a new one, under warranty repair. One of the motors malfunctioned. I had registered the (original) drone with FAA as I use the extended power batteries.

So, question is: What do I need to do to make sure that my name is not associated with the old serial #? Any other aspects to be aware about and clear them? What happens to the DJI Care Refresh registration? Does that automatically register the new serial #? I may be missing other things also. Advice is welcome from the members who have gone through this situation. Thanks!

if you are just flying as a hobby flyer then all you need to do is attach the same number to your new drone as you had on the old drone ,its you not the drone that is registered
if you are flying under part 107 rules then you will need to register the new drone which will have its own new number ,the original drones flight records will be visible to you only and then once you turn on the new drone, that will be linked to your DJI account and E mail address

Reactions: badshah
What do I need to do to make sure that my name is not associated with the old serial #?
You can unbind the old drone from your DJI account like this. If you don't see your old drone listed, then DJI probably already did this for you.

What happens to the DJI Care Refresh registration? Does that automatically register the new serial #?
DJI should have reassigned your DJI Care Refresh plan to your new drone. DJI mentions that here in the DJI Care Refresh FAQ:

"After using the service provided by DJI Care Refresh, if the product's serial number is changed, the provided product will automatically bind to the original product's DJI Care Refresh, and the original service and warranty period continues. Therefore, the original unit will no longer have a DJI Care Refresh Plan. Please do not re-purchase DJI Care Refresh for the replacement unit."

You can unbind the old drone from your DJI account like this. If you don't see your old drone listed, then DJI probably already did this for you.

DJI should have reassigned your DJI Care Refresh plan to your new drone. DJI mentions that here in the DJI Care Refresh FAQ:

"After using the service provided by DJI Care Refresh, if the product's serial number is changed, the provided product will automatically bind to the original product's DJI Care Refresh, and the original service and warranty period continues. Therefore, the original unit will no longer have a DJI Care Refresh Plan. Please do not re-purchase DJI Care Refresh for the replacement unit."
Thank you! That's helpful.

if you are just flying as a hobby flyer then all you need to do is attach the same number to your new drone as you had on the old drone ,its you not the drone that is registered
if you are flying under part 107 rules then you will need to register the new drone which will have its own new number ,the original drones flight records will be visible to you only and then once you turn on the new drone, that will be linked to your DJI account and E mail address
Thank you!

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair