DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Self unlocking Geo Zones questions

marklyn

Reactions
I am going on vacation and a couple of flights will be somewhat near an airport (but not in flight path). I would appreciate anyone with experience to help clarifiy some questions I couldn't find answers to.

1) On the DJI flysafe Geo Zone map I see the various zones at/near airports. That appears very clear to me.
2) When using the DJI Go app and I move the map to any area where the online Geo Map zone showed airport zones, they do not appear on the DJI Go map.

I did a test and performed a self unlock (from the iPad) for one of the zones I will be flying near. It wasn't the red nfz part, but the blue part. I did get a successful reply shortly and saw the unlock on the DJI Go app.
I guess I'm wanting to know if I'm supposed to be seeing that zone unlocked (or any zones) on my DJI Go 4 app when they're visible on the DJI Flysafe Geo Zone maps. Maybe the DJI Go 4 app never shows those zones?

Subsequently I am using a Mavic Pro (soon to be Mavic 2 Pro), iPad mini 4 and current version of DJI Go 4 if that helps.

It depend on the altitude of airport. For instance, in central Taiwan, the altitude of airport is much higher than downtown nearby airport, so I can apply for unlock the height limit from 60 meters to 180 meters.

If the airport nearby your destination is not higher, than the limit is still 60 meters and can not unlock.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851