DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Service, It was the worst of times, It was the best of times

SmilingOgre

Reactions
Have a nasty bug going on with my Mavic 3 Classic. I can fly forward or backward and when I stop the drone the colors in the image will crush, become extremally saturated with green, and return to normal in a second or so. This happens with auto exposure, manual exposure d-log, normal Hasselblad science, whatever. HLG is just a mess so that's out of the question.

Worked with DJI customer service via chat most of the day yesterday. Reset drone, retested. Refreshed firmware, retested. Tried this that and the other, retested, retested, retested. Uploaded examples from each retest to youtube and pasted the links in the chat. Last rep tries to convince me that this is normal then he suggests I try d-cinelike. OMG!!! Has he ever seen a Mavic 3 Classic? Ok, he will contact some other reps and let me know what he finds in a few days.

Today I looked at my account and found that no ticket was ever opened. Trying the same thing expecting different results is insanity so I called DJI. Whole new world. We're sending you label and RMA documentation right now. Here is your ticket number. This is a professional drone and what you are experiencing is not acceptable.

I was a little worried when the second rep on chat identified themselves as YoYo, lol but I'm sure that is a dignified name somewhere and YoYo did better than John who wanted footage in d-cinelike. One more experience to add to the ongoing saga of the Mavic Pilot. Regardless, good time, the beginning of winter to send off the drone. They will have until spring to get it back. I did not and will not sell my trusted Mavic 2 Pro so I can still get very decent footage for upcoming projects.

Communication breakdown, it's always the same
Havin' a nervous breakdown, a-drive me insane
Led Zeppelin

• Wow
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Not sure I am understanding , what I can do right now to test to see if I also have this bug, I just posted my first video over the lake, , but it was all auto. What do my setting need to be ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Have a nasty bug going on with my Mavic 3 Classic. I can fly forward or backward and when I stop the drone the colors in the image will crush, become extremally saturated with green, and return to normal in a second or so. This happens with auto exposure, manual exposure d-log, normal Hasselblad science, whatever. HLG is just a mess so that's out of the question.

Worked with DJI customer service via chat most of the day yesterday. Reset drone, retested. Refreshed firmware, retested. Tried this that and the other, retested, retested, retested. Uploaded examples from each retest to youtube and pasted the links in the chat. Last rep tries to convince me that this is normal then he suggests I try d-cinelike. OMG!!! Has he ever seen a Mavic 3 Classic? Ok, he will contact some other reps and let me know what he finds in a few days.

Today I looked at my account and found that no ticket was ever opened. Trying the same thing expecting different results is insanity so I called DJI. Whole new world. We're sending you label and RMA documentation right now. Here is your ticket number. This is a professional drone and what you are experiencing is not acceptable.

I was a little worried when the second rep on chat identified themselves as YoYo, lol but I'm sure that is a dignified name somewhere and YoYo did better than John who wanted footage in d-cinelike. One more experience to add to the ongoing saga of the Mavic Pilot. Regardless, good time, the beginning of winter to send off the drone. They will have until spring to get it back. I did not and will not sell my trusted Mavic 2 Pro so I can still get very decent footage for upcoming projects.

Led Zeppelin
You will probably receive a new/refurbished drone next week. DJI RARELY repairs a single drone. It's easier and quicker for them to ship a new/refurb. And better for the customer. If you have Care Refresh, it will all be changed over to the new drone. All you will need to do is link it to your controller.

Not sure I am understanding , what I can do right now to test to see if I also have this bug, I just posted my first video over the lake, , but it was all auto. What do my setting need to be ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain.
You can set the drone any way you want. Doing the video in d-log will be most prominent. Just fly the drone either forward or backward at somewhere between 10 and 20 mph and then return the stick to unity and allow the drone to stop. If you have the bug everything under about 50% on the waveform scope will dive down about 10% and your video will take on a dark forest green tint returning to normal in about a second or so.

Led Zeppelin
At least they didn't leave you standing like a "Fool in the rain"!

• Haha
Reactions: SmilingOgre
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929