DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller delay and complaints

Curt

Reactions
Well I didn't think I was going back off at first but I've read some of the complaints on the new Mavic 2 controller that are valid. I already have the 5.5 Crystalsky monitor that works perfectly with my Mavic 2 pro my only downside was looking for a bracket to connect the monitor to the DJI Mavic 2 Pro controller well now that's available and on order to receive in a few days. The backorder gave me the chance to second thinks my decision. I'm going to cancel my backorder today and maybe in six months or so I'll reconsider plus their will probably be fixes to this device. I like what I see but I've got to stop jumping at the first hent of a new device plus I think DJI's R&D department has to step up to the plate and be more proactive with its product prior to sale. We have turned out to be free bata testers of their product.

Reactions: Point Zero
I have only had mine for a day, but so far I have not had a single problem. I charged the controller, turned it on, connected it to my wifi, and it updated the firmware. I then paired it to the bird. It updated the bird firmware, I went outside and flew. The screen is bright and the touch screen is very responsive. I even got a little more range out of it. Going to make my time to get in the air quicker and hassle free.

Well I didn't think I was going back off at first but I've read some of the complaints on the new Mavic 2 controller that are valid. I already have the 5.5 Crystalsky monitor that works perfectly with my Mavic 2 pro my only downside was looking for a bracket to connect the monitor to the DJI Mavic 2 Pro controller well now that's available and on order to receive in a few days. The backorder gave me the chance to second thinks my decision. I'm going to cancel my backorder today and maybe in six months or so I'll reconsider plus their will probably be fixes to this device. I like what I see but I've got to stop jumping at the first hent of a new device plus I think DJI's R&D department has to step up to the plate and be more proactive with its product prior to sale. We have turned out to be free bata testers of their product.

Good for you, a smart play. Your best bet is to understand the company you invest your hard earned money to, your level of standards in life, and just the gut feeling that yells you something is not quite right with a company like dji, yet like an abused spouse, youre still hoping for the best.

Reactions: jzilla80
I have only had mine for a day, but so far I have not had a single problem. I charged the controller, turned it on, connected it to my wifi, and it updated the firmware. I then paired it to the bird. It updated the bird firmware, I went outside and flew. The screen is bright and the touch screen is very responsive. I even got a little more range out of it. Going to make my time to get in the air quicker and hassle free.
Do you have that SD Card issue like thousands of other people whom purchased that SRC.

Do you have that SD Card issue like thousands of other people whom purchased that SRC.
sd card issue exists but it in no way prevents you from using this controller. all functions are operational, and cache also works, only against an internal storage. if you purge it - no issues. i personally have not yet even figured out why i would need that local cache and data on controller`s SD card to begin with, but, an issue is an issue. :)

The issue with me was I already have the 5.5 Crystalsky monitor that fits all series of DJI drones so what will this new controller due that I can't already do with my current setup. A recent adaptor came out for connecting the Crystalsky to your Mavic 2 controller and with this $5.00 purchase I'm connected with very little effort plus everything fits in my new GPC carry case. I would need another case to safe guard the new smart controller. This is the GPC case I'm talking about. If I had not already had the Crystalsky monitor then I could justify the purchase in my mine.

Attachments

• IMG_3889.jpg
    IMG_3889.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4246.jpg
    IMG_4246.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 17
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads