DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller - hard shell case

It clears above the foam just enough.
good to know from the angle you snapped it looks to be pushing the button up. I have the regular DJI hard case (not enterprise) and the Smart RC should be delivered today or tomorrow. but im not against still cutting the foam if needed

I'm starting to wish I had purchased the Enterprise case...I'm used to a LOT more space! Heck, I'm not sure where my Polar Pro filters are going to fit?
to my knowledge the enterprise case only comes with the enterprise drone, not sure if bought separately?

but as for my case there is a small slot in front of the RC, as well and more storage under the bird when removing a foam shelf.... and the green/blue boxes are 3D printed Prop holders. so if those are there then those two spots are free as well

45431033_2225843057704634_8131762843960737792_n.jpg

to my knowledge the enterprise case only comes with the enterprise drone, not sure if bought separately?

but as for my case there is a small slot in front of the RC, as well and more storage under the bird when removing a foam shelf.... and the green/blue boxes are 3D printed Prop holders. so if those are there then those two spots are free as well

View attachment 61489

Yep you can buy it for $149.

DJIMavic 2 Enterprise Part6 Protector Case

huh interesting see i thought it just came stock with the M2E. but also for the M2P/Z it seems useless having the space for the top E accessories

True but you can remove the dividers and put whatever you want in there. It holds 3 batteries below that for a total of 7. Of course, I can just modify their accessory slots of the standard M2PC to accommodate what I want to carry. Oh well, I got it for $75, if I don't like it I can always just order the M2EPC.

Reactions: TruGreen
The MC Cases cases work with the Smart Controller but you have to sacrifice the covered compartment and set it in on an angle. It does work though. I have a DJI Mavic 2 Protector case on the way. I found it for $89 shipped and with another $15 off code, I got it for $74. Not bad.

Here's a pic of the Explorer caseView attachment 61119View attachment 61120
That was from Velocity Drones right? Did they cancel your order like they did mine?

I ordered it and they canceled my order today with the note "Out of Stock". Immediately afterwards they had raised the price to $149. I called Google Express to complain about it because it looks like they were unhappy with the price they sold it at and decided that violating consumer protection laws was better than taking a loss on it.

I may pursue it if only to show them that it's not okay to violate consumer protection laws.

I am using this now
f50171222c6591e03b8f76cab38f55e1.jpg

The smart controller fits in ok. It’s for a GoPro but the foam is removable.
CamKix Case compatible with GoPro Hero 7/6 / 5 Black - Perfect for Travel and Storage - Versatile EVA Interior with Precise Fit Cut - Protection of GoPro Hero 5 Camera and Accessories https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N476DZB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_MQGwCb29NW0K9

So I received this case and it fits well. With a cloth over the screen for protection and cleaning, it is pretty snug. Will certainly suffice pending some custom cases coming on the market. Here's a photo.

How tight is that case height wise? The Smart Controller is 1.57" high and the case dimensions (looking at Amazon) say it's only 1.5" high. I don't want any pressure on my SC. Thanks!

What are the external dimensions of the Enterprise case vs the regular DJI case? Might be nice to have some extra storage for a 5:1 charger, LED strobes, etc, etc - but depends on the external dimension tradeoffs....

The DJI Enterprise case is approx 16” x 13” x 7”

Plenty of room in case. I actually put a small hand towel on top of SC to make snug. Then available for cleaning screen and filters.

Thanks! Dimensions listed must be inaccurate then.

I have seen photos of a DJI-specific smart controller case but it doesn't seem to be available yet. Weird, since it would be easy money for them, and presumably extremely easy to produce in China where all the other cases come out of.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure