DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller Problem

Icelandman

Reactions
Has anyone had a problem with the date and time changing on the Smart Controller between uses? I have set mine manually to Azores Time with no Daylight Saving as I live in Iceland and we are on GMT. However, the next time I switch on the Smart Controller the time and date have changed to something completely different and incorrect for where I am. I then have to reset the time and the date for the correct ones. If I leave it on auto time the same thing happens! Any suggestions please?

Someone posted something similar before, always 1 hour out.
Just had a look, I have British summer time & the date set, it is all correct.
Something that doesn't bother me as I never normally look
I catalogue my images / video’s into relevant folders & rename them on my PC after a days flying.

Reactions: Icelandman
I too have this issue and it does my brain in completely the time I have gone to check my flight logs and it says 9 o'clock at night flights surely it's a fault with the sc

I get time +1 hour each time I power up my smart controller without network connection. With network connection it is quickly adjusted to correct time.

Someone posted something similar before, always 1 hour out.
Just had a look, I have British summer time & the date set, it is all correct.
Something that doesn't bother me as I never normally look
I catalogue my images / video’s into relevant folders & rename them on my PC after a days flying.
I am a little OCD about chronology and like to have my videos and images in the correct order!

I too have this issue and it does my brain in completely the time I have gone to check my flight logs and it says 9 o'clock at night flights surely it's a fault with the sc
Glad to know I am not the only one! It makes me very frustrated as I like everything in chronological order!

Do a quick search as it’s been a regular topic sine the first release. SC even with latest firmware will almost always be at lease 1 hour ahead. Longer it sits with non use greater the gap in time. I never connect to WiFi with mine so it’s apparent DJI expected that folks would do that each time and time would be corrected as there is a setting to for.
Kinda of a stupid error as most devices even a coffee maker can keep time.
Paul C

Do a quick search as it’s been a regular topic sine the first release. SC even with latest firmware will almost always be at lease 1 hour ahead. Longer it sits with non use greater the gap in time. I never connect to WiFi with mine so it’s apparent DJI expected that folks would do that each time and time would be corrected as there is a setting to for.
Kinda of a stupid error as most devices even a coffee maker can keep time.
Paul C
Thanks! It seems a lot of people have the same problem! But when connected to WiFi it still gives a wrong time after an hour or so and never goes to the correct settings I have made! i.e. GMT with no DST! It always seems to like DST regardless.

turned mine on, had never really looked at the time. It turned on one hour off but quickly reset itself to the correct time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom