DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart controller

Hi all. i have ordered the DJI Smart controller and await delivery.
I do have a question though..
Once the new controller i linked can I still use the normal controller or do i have to go through the linking process again??

Kind regards

Trevor
Just curious...why would you want to use the old controller after buying the new one?

Just curious...why would you want to use the old controller after buying the new one?
In same situations, may be, old one is still more compact and lighter to carry. When on a hike i myself may reconsider as every pound counts. But, new one is just way more convinient. I am glad i have both, good to have a choice.

Reactions: ff22
In same situations, may be, old one is still more compact and lighter to carry. When on a hike i myself may reconsider as every pound counts. But, new one is just way more convinient. I am glad i have both, good to have a choice.

I packed the drone and SC into the fly-more bag yesterday but after hefting it, I decided it was not going cross-country skiing with me - too heavy for this old guy. But even the regular controller with stuff is just too much.

i need to look for a rigid ultralight backpack for this thing. or a foam holder i can put into a regular laptop backpack`s compartment. i saw some that people had shown - most of those backpacks are more like those hardcases - huge and bulky, not good for hiking at all. fly-more bag is nice as it is very small, some folks b$tch about it - i actually like it for that, as it is minimalistic and still is rigid enough. all i need to have with me is filters set, spare props, 1 or 2 spare batteries, controller and a bird.

Reactions: Drone on
Affirmative, I have not been able to get Drone Deploy to work on the Smart Controller, bought a pre owned standard controller on this site and ran a successful mission first time out using an IPhone X. It seems some have success with DD on the SC but not I. Best.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edy44