DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI stop making Drones

This "trick" works with Mavic Pro.
1. Start app only , enter camera view and scroll around the map. This is to get the surroundings, quite helpful during flight. Once you have the area map in your Go app, the next flights in the same area will not require this step. I think Litchi does not save offline maps as DJI Go does, if you consider buying Litchi. But the disconnection issues will be just the same
2. Put mobile in airplane mode. Leave location on. Also wifi on should not interfere. The main thing is that you are not connected to the network/mobile operator.
3. Do a normal connection/startup sequence and you should be ok hopefully.
4. When finished flying do not forget to put the phone back in normal mode (airplane mode off) so you can get calls :) I do this before even turning remote off.
My s8+ has disconnected most flights.
I suspect the cable connection into the phone.
Wouldn't do the first upgrade but did the recent evidence after 3 starts...

works fine on all the iPhones and iPads I've used it with. That being said, any LG phone I've ever used, crashed constantly no matter what I was doing with it...
pretty sure its not DJI at fault here.

I don't remember the old DJI GO App, before it branched out to the DJI Go 4, having all these problems with Android.
Could use the old App on any old low spec Android phone no problems.
Then the DJI Go 4 App came out, and suddenly required high spec devices, with Apple products being preferred. What changed? Why the sudden incompatibility with Android devices and the need for a high spec device?
Having said that, for anyone looking for a very cheap Android device, I have had a few flights of my Mavic Pro using an Acer Iconia One 7 B1-780, which seems to cope with the DJI Go 4 ok.

Then the DJI Go 4 App came out, and suddenly required high spec devices, with Apple products being preferred.
Apple products are preferred because people in forums keep saying Apple products are preferred.
But it's just a myth.
It doesn't matter if the tablet is Apple or Android.
The app has beefed up and needs a fast processor and plenty of RAM these days.

Could it be you download a bad app? My original MP clearly states on the back of box (made for iPhone). Probably says the same for MP2.

Mav Pro flies great on iPhone XS. No issues. Also on iPhone 7 and iPad Air and iPad 2017. Guess what I’m saying is it works with Apple products so why not pick up a used iPad mini 4 cheap. I know lots here this is their choice.

Connection loss should only cause the Mavic to hover briefly and then return to home.
The Mavic won't fly away anywhere just because the connection is lost.
If you wanted to find out what really happened, the flight log might have some clues.
I looked at my logs and it should have returned home but instead there was 2 compass errors in the log, and just kept flying with additional errors and decided to land on its own in the water with 50% battery...I am a very experienced operator and did all my checks , especially after new firmware , I even tested it first for a couple of minutes but as soon as I was about 200 meters away everything just went bonkers...I helicopter flew by above me exact same time ...**** wouldn’t but it passed the local gov to have actually interfered with the connection but I did a lot of research and found many many people with similar incidents after that firmware update back in July 2018..., if it was part of the problem or not, DJI would not give me the time of day because my warranty expired. , never mind I spent over 8K in drones from them in the last 5 years...safe to say I will neve buy a drone from them again..I’ll wait EVO seems to be my next drone or???.

I looked at my logs and it should have returned home but instead there was 2 compass errors in the log, and just kept flying with additional errors and decided to land on its own in the water with 50% battery...I am a very experienced operator and did all my checks , especially after new firmware , I even tested it first for a couple of minutes but as soon as I was about 200 meters away everything just went bonkers...I helicopter flew by above me exact same time ...**** wouldn’t but it passed the local gov to have actually interfered with the connection but I did a lot of research and found many many people with similar incidents after that firmware update back in July 2018..., if it was part of the problem or not, DJI would not give me the time of day because my warranty expired. , never mind I spent over 8K in drones from them in the last 5 years...safe to say I will neve buy a drone from them again..I’ll wait EVO seems to be my next drone or???.
Nothing in what you've said gives much in the way of clues, but the actual data might.
The helicopter and local government certainly had no effect and the firmware probably didn't either.
Post your data if you want some experienced eyes to go over and possibly solve the mystery.

Lots of people have problems with Samsung - that doesn't prove anything at all about Android.
Ask anyone who has used the Huawei M3 or M5.
I use a $50 Huawei XT2 and it hasn't faulted once. Runs Go4 fast and smooth with not a glitch in video. Updates go through flawlessly and battery lasts for more than 10 batteries. So yep Android is fine if it has the right processor power and GPU to handle the video graphics speed.
Also have no issues with my Samsung tab4 when I use that.

Last edited:
I bought an ASUS android tablet from Verizon so it would update maps and have gps for 250 dollars. I use the litchi app and it works great. I got so frustrated with the go 4 app that I paid the 25 dollars for the other app. I would have rather used go 4 but it is worthless.

I bought an ASUS android tablet from Verizon so it would update maps and have gps for 250 dollars. I use the litchi app and it works great. I got so frustrated with the go 4 app that I paid the 25 dollars for the other app. I would have rather used go 4 but it is worthless.
You should have been frustrated with your tablet.
The DJI Go 4 app is fine but you were trying to run it on a tablet that wasn't up to the task.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
I just spent $1300 on a drone, I really dont want to go out and buy a $1000 IPhone. And if that is necessary, it should be in the specs. This phone is great and I have never had a problem with it doing anything else. Expandable memory makes it nice. I just want to able to take the drone out of the case and fly it. I dont want do have to hope that it will work today.

Supported devices are in the specs...

That said I bought a certified refurb iPad direct from apple for $300 and it works fine, no issues at all.

Reactions: MavicPro1966
First, "made for iOS" I'm pretty sure is a certification from Apple that DJI paid for. Similar to "Intel Inside" on PCs.
2nd: for Androids, I really don't think the compatibility list it has much to do with the Android device having all the qualifications. DJI only tested a small sample of devices, most being phones. Same issue with the original Go app. What was pathetic with the original compatibility list for the original Go is that it was never updated. They listed phones that came out with Android 4.4 when Androids were long past that.
So, my conclusion: DJI is sloppy with their Go code for Android, and lazy to test more Android products.
Based on how my Samsung Tab E operated, I'm convinced Go is using the USB in a non-conventional manner that it was never designed for. I've gotten caught myself writing a multi-boot loader for my Atari 800 by bypassing vectors in the bios so I could cheat. Didn't work in later models of Atari computers. I believe DJI did the same thing with USB and some USB drivers, 'helpers' and protections can't deal with it and shouldn't have to. At the very least, DJI could work with the popular manufacturers such as Samsung so that Go would work with the manner Go uses the USB.
Lately though I believe there's a graphics handler problem with Go 4. I get the same crashes with my HTC 10 and Samsung Tab S3. Neither are cut rate systems. And I don't have much installed on the Tab.

Could it be you download a bad app? My original MP clearly states on the back of box (made for iPhone). Probably says the same for MP2.

The "Made for iphone" is just Apple's licensing program for hardware developers. It does not in any way mean that the device , whether it be a drone or your bathroom scale is any more suited for use with ios rather than android. It merely means in follows Apple's protocol.

Reactions: RogerMav and Meta4
I just spent $1300 on a drone, I really dont want to go out and buy a $1000 IPhone. And if that is necessary, it should be in the specs. This phone is great and I have never had a problem with it doing anything else. Expandable memory makes it nice. I just want to able to take the drone out of the case and fly it. I dont want do have to hope that it will work today.
The don’t tell you about needing to spend 3k$+ to buy a computer to edit 4K video either.

I would rather they provide us with the best quality FPV and other features than cripple the feature set to support lower spec hardware.

Hello everyone,

I´m new to this blog (only being here a couple of weeks) and new to drone flying and dji features.

Saying that I have being reading a lot of post in a lot of blogs and information all over the internet and I can´t find information on this "enter camera view". I mean what is it for? what is the purpose?

Until know I can only think of the idea mentioned in this thread or topic which is to move the map around to download the zone where we are going to fly. But what is the real purpose of this feature?

I initially was thinking if it was another way of connecting the DJI Go 4 app directly to the Mavic 2 but without using the remote control (or it is only for previous mavic versions?). This idea came to me from seing some accessories in online shops named Katana where you use the Mavic on a fixture to hold with your hands (no flying) as to use the camera and you see in the image a phone with the image and no where they show the RC, so it make me wonder how could that be possible.

Appreciate any comments.

Hello everyone,

I´m new to this blog (only being here a couple of weeks) and new to drone flying and dji features.

Saying that I have being reading a lot of post in a lot of blogs and information all over the internet and I can´t find information on this "enter camera view". I mean what is it for? what is the purpose?

Until know I can only think of the idea mentioned in this thread or topic which is to move the map around to download the zone where we are going to fly. But what is the real purpose of this feature?

I initially was thinking if it was another way of connecting the DJI Go 4 app directly to the Mavic 2 but without using the remote control (or it is only for previous mavic versions?). This idea came to me from seing some accessories in online shops named Katana where you use the Mavic on a fixture to hold with your hands (no flying) as to use the camera and you see in the image a phone with the image and no where they show the RC, so it make me wonder how could that be possible.

Appreciate any comments.

MP 1 in WiFi mode!

Reactions: RogerMav
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa