DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI stop making Drones

Jimmytpi

Reactions
Not forever, just take a minute. The Mavic 2 Zoom is an incredible piece of technology. I have been flying it the last couple days, but not very far or too high. Why you ask? Because the App is junk. Connection issues, download issues, App crashing issues. I have a $1300 item that I'm scared to use to its full potential because I don't want to crash/lose it. Take those genius technicians that you have, and task them with making the interface between the operator and the drone more reliable. Every time I take it up I am not confident that I will see it again. Oh and the DJI assistant 2 won't even recognize my Mavic 2. Maybe it's the computer, I will try my daughter's MacBook. Anyway, it is like having a junker car in a snowstorm and praying that it will start. It takes the fun out of going flying and replaces it with anxiety.

I have been flying it the last couple days, but not very far or too high. Why you ask? Because the App is junk. Connection issues, download issues, App crashing issues.
Which mobile device are using?

You should consider using a mobile device supported by DJI or at least one that is known to work well with DJI GO.

You should consider using a mobile device supported by DJI or at least one that is known to work well with DJI GO.
I just spent $1300 on a drone, I really dont want to go out and buy a $1000 IPhone. And if that is necessary, it should be in the specs. This phone is great and I have never had a problem with it doing anything else. Expandable memory makes it nice. I just want to able to take the drone out of the case and fly it. I dont want do have to hope that it will work today.

Reactions: tfj and Drgnfli
I just spent $1300 on a drone, I really dont want to go out and buy a $1000 IPhone.
Then buy an Android device. iPhones are the most expensive phones on DJI's list of supported mobile devices.

Reactions: jointeffort
Then buy an Android device. iPhones are the most expensive phones on DJI's list of supported mobile devices.

Alternatively, you could get a *used* and supported device - there are some previous gen iOS and Apple devices on DJI's list that were high-end in their day but are not going for a relative song, especially if refurbished. Slap in a PAYG SIM with a bit of credit and you've got a dedicated controller. Still not ideal, but definitely a better option than buying a brand new phone or even losing your drone.

I just spent $1300 on a drone, I really dont want to go out and buy a $1000 IPhone. I just want to able to take the drone out of the case and fly it. I dont want do have to hope that it will work today./QUOTE]
The app is quite demanding and runs poorly on an inadequate device.
But it runs perfectly on a good one.
$1000 is way more than you need to spend.
There are Android tablets that work perfectly for around $300

Alternatively, you could get a *used* and supported device
Yep! The key in all of this is to use a mobile device that is known to work well.

Alternatively, you could get a *used* and supported device - there are some previous gen iOS and Apple devices on DJI's list that were high-end in their day but are not going for a relative song, especially if refurbished. Slap in a PAYG SIM with a bit of credit and you've got a dedicated controller. Still not ideal, but definitely a better option than buying a brand new phone or even losing your drone.
I think that is the way I'm going to go. So you fly your drone and have no issues with disconnects, App crashes, or downloading firmware? That sounds great, I dont mind making an additional investment if it will fix the problems.

I just bought a used iphone 6s plus and it works perfect havent ever had the go4 app crash

I have a iPad mini 4 that I use on my dji drones . I have zero trouble with it . Because it is only a display for me the 128 memory will last a long time before it’s plugged up .

Agree. I also have iPad Mini 4 and have never had the app crash. Totally reliable.

I’m not surprised this guy has issues with his obscure android device.

And I guess I will invest another $300 on a new/used cell phone making my investment in a drone over $2000.

Last edited:
LG is obscure? Wow I know its only been around since the 60s but obscure is not a word I would have used for it.

LG isn’t obscure. They are well known for appliances, TVs etc. But the LG G6 cell phone is absolutely obscure.

It is so unsuccessful that LG have pulled out of the Chinese mobile phone market completely. This means the people at DJI probably wouldn’t bother testing their software on an LG phone.

Put it this way, you saved a few bucks buying a cheaper phone and you got what you paid for. You would have been better off buying a used version of a better phone.

LG isn’t obscure. They are well known for appliances, TVs etc. But the LG G6 cell phone is absolutely obscure.

It is so unsuccessful that LG have pulled out of the Chinese mobile phone market completely. This means the people at DJI probably wouldn’t bother testing their software on an LG phone.

Put it this way, you saved a few bucks buying a cheaper phone and you got what you paid for. You would have been better off buying a used version of a better phone.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. This phone is fantastic and I have never had an issue with it running or utilizing any other software or hardware. Just because DJI doesn't work on it doesn't mean its a bad phone. I think it says more about DJI then about LG. And I dont know if you read this forum, but I am far from the only person complaining about connection, download and app crash problems.

Reactions: snoopx
From DJI Mavic Pro – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI:

APP / LIVE VIEW
  • iOS V4.3.0
    Requires iOS 9.0 or above.
    Compatible with iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4.
    Optimized for iPhone X.

Android V4.3.0
    Requires Android 5.0 or above.
    Compatible with Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S6, Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Note 8, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 8, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo X20, Vivo X9, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, OPPO R11, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi 8, Mi 6, Redmi Note 5, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5T.

FWIW, I have never had a Go4 crash with either the MP or M2P using a good cable (via the USB A port) with an iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Mini 4 or, an iPad 2018 9.7”. I haven’t as yet tried it with an iPhone X although I didn’t remember reading in the compatibility section that Go4 was optimized for the iPhone X. Will have to give it a try.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead