DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Support confirms Mini 3 existence, video of the shell is online

Same here, I hate obstacle avoidance and a bigger sensor with better image quality not to mention better wind resistance sucks as well. I'd probably get 3 mini2s just to spite myself :)
Hi All.
The mini 2 is a great bird and I don't need the avoidance tech but I will only purchase the Mini 3 if it has the tech that warns you of a full sized plane or helicopter in the vicinity, otherwise forget it as it will be useless in a couple of years time.

Reactions: Pondhopper
Hi All.
The mini 2 is a great bird and I don't need the avoidance tech but I will only purchase the Mini 3 if it has the tech that warns you of a full sized plane or helicopter in the vicinity, otherwise forget it as it will be useless in a couple of years time.

If you are flying by the rules; below 400ft, and away from airports why do you care about planes above you? In the case of small drone it must be the most usless feature there is. Do you genuenly afraid to hit the plane?

If you are flying by the rules; below 400ft, and away from airports why do you care about planes above you? In the case of small drone it must be the most useless feature there is. Do you genuinely afraid to hit the plane?
Hi and thanks for your reply. Yes I do fly by the 400ft rule but the CAA has decreed that these drones must have this reporting thing to warn you of of planes and yes there have been instances where there have been reported helicopters flying well below our ceiling. I still say if the mini 3 doe' not have this then it's not going to have much of a time life, the rules may differ for you the other side of the pond.

I finally jump on the drone bandwagon with a Mini 2 and they decide to release the 3. :oops:
Hi My Friend. What ever happens tomorrow you still have the best sub 250gms drone available and a great piece kit it is plus you don't have so many restrictions if being over 250gms, I have been looking at all the 250's and not one of them comes up to the video quantity of the mini 2, at one time I really fancied the Hubsan zino mini pro but they had so many problems with it, I thought all the extra features on it would be nice, in fact I only looked at it again a couple of days ago but the video is not all over Sharpe I'm beginning to think that it's the very fast apertures that they are putting in these lenses with anything under f2 being a problem because of depth of field, even the new Evo +suffers the same problem.
Be assured you have the best there is at the moment.

Reactions: c64-dev
Hi My Friend. What ever happens tomorrow you still have the best sub 250gms drone available and a great piece kit it is plus you don't have so many restrictions if being over 250gms, I have been looking at all the 250's and not one of them comes up to the video quantity of the mini 2, at one time I really fancied the Hubsan zino mini pro but they had so many problems with it, I thought all the extra features on it would be nice, in fact I only looked at it again a couple of days ago but the video is not all over Sharpe I'm beginning to think that it's the very fast apertures that they are putting in these lenses with anything under f2 being a problem because of depth of field, even the new Evo +suffers the same problem.
Be assured you have the best there is at the moment.
would you have felt the same about the mini 1 if the 2 came out in 2 weeks?
Would you really be going: who cares about ocusync? and 4K? who even uses that. also mini 1 is good enough in the wind as it is?

No you wouldn't.

would you have felt the same about the mini 1 if the 2 came out in 2 weeks?
Would you really be going: who cares about ocusync? and 4K? who even uses that. also mini 1 is good enough in the wind as it is?

No you wouldn't.
Yes you are right but the mini 2 isn't the mini 1 it's far superior and it's like that with everyone who jumps in to the hobby, I don't have many drones and my spend on them all is peanuts compared to what some have spent but I'm around £7,000 over about 6 years so you pays your money and takes your choice.

Yes you are right but the mini 2 isn't the mini 1 it's far superior and it's like that with everyone who jumps in to the hobby, I don't have many drones and my spend on them all is peanuts compared to what some have spent but I'm around £7,000 over about 6 years so you pays your money and takes your choice.

if I told you the difference between mini 3 and 2 is even greater than the difference between 2 and 1, would you agree then?

"I'm around £7,000 over about 6 years" < you crash that often?

if I told you the difference between mini 3 and 2 is even greater than the difference between 2 and 1, would you agree then?

"I'm around £7,000 over about 6 years" < you crash that often?

Should we understand that you have a Mini 3 in hand and have been flying and evaluating it? If not, what is your information source on the capabilities and features of the Mini 3?

Should we understand that you have a Mini 3 in hand and have been flying and evaluating it? If not, what is your information source on the capabilities and features of the Mini 3?
You should understand that anybody with a basic understanding of technology, can look at a drone and derive basic flight characteristics by looking at the airframe.

Also bigger sensor, newer sensors, bigger aperture, better ISP.

Whereas for mini 1 to 2 it is:
Same sensor size, same sensor technology, same aperture, same ISP.

People are so impressed by slightly better motors and a better transmission system… I am pretty sure you will not believe all initial mini 3 pro coverage. You will think it’s fake and shot with the Sony DSLR drone, and so on

You should understand that anybody with a basic understanding of technology, can look at a drone and derive basic flight characteristics by looking at the airframe.

Also bigger sensor, newer sensors, bigger aperture, better ISP.

Whereas for mini 1 to 2 it is:
Same sensor size, same sensor technology, same aperture, same ISP.

People are so impressed by slightly better motors and a better transmission system… I am pretty sure you will not believe all initial mini 3 pro coverage. You will think it’s fake and shot with the Sony DSLR drone, and so on

So, nothing concrete.

OMG 🤯🤯😳😳

Every engineer reading this just spit coffee all over whatever is in front of them, even if they're not drinking coffee.

Forum rules prohibit me from using precise descriptive vocabulary for this, uh, poorly informed naive individual.

Speak for yourself.

The ability of any mavic like product to fly upwind is dictated by the gimbal/camera to not allowed to film the ‘roof’ the camera is hanging under.
That means the frame flying upwind is allowed an inclination of 20/30 degrees max. Also at this point the gimbal will tilt down.

You understand it up to this point, correct?

Now realise there is no more roof which is obstructing the camera in mini 3.
The frame can fly at inclinations beyond 30 degrees. It will never tilt down. That also means wind speeds far beyond what mini 2 and 1.. combined. Is capable of.

You need other people to explain this to you because you cannot see nor understand it for yourself.

In about 2 years mavic 4 will have the same design btw

Reactions: Wreckhunter
If you are flying by the rules; below 400ft, and away from airports why do you care about planes above you? In the case of small drone it must be the most usless feature there is. Do you genuenly afraid to hit the plane?
Wow.

My experience has been very different.

The Watsonville airport is about 20 miles away, down the coast from me. I fly most of the time in the Santa Cruz, CA area, the majority on the shoreline somewhere.

ADS-B has been invaluable for me. Helicopters and small 2-seat fixed wing aircraft fly around the coastline as low as 100ft all the time. I see low flying aircraft every time I fly at the shoreline.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc