DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI support does suck

john94si

Reactions
So i crashed into my lake in January and shipped off my mavic and battery to refresh.

upload_2017-3-2_13-16-32.png
the ticket was opened Jan 31 and it was just delivered March 2...
Well they shipped it back after FOREVER and 2 days but in a plain box and they returned my bad battery that was at the bottom of my late and got fried.
Now i have to open another ticket and wait to ship it back again for them to replace it again.

Their support is a total joke for a company their size.
I really not sure if I will keep my mavic or sell it and give up on DJI completely.

And i haven't tested the flight yet as i have a million updates to apply first. It better fly well and the gimbal better not be off as it was.

They replaced my Mavic with a new one when I sent it in for repair, which was nice though unexpected, and didn't charge me for it, but yeah... their customer service is not up to par. It was weird enough just ordering from them, waiting so long, then waiting longer to get the money I paid back after I bought another at the Apple store and canceled the original order,

Their customer interactions can be so bad, I can't be the only one who's sworn off buying from them and now only gets drone gear through other sellers.

Reactions: USPilot
DJI Careless Refresh service took me 5 weeks....got SF drone insurance now.

They charged me and now it wont even take firmware updates and they sent me a refurb for sure.

Well after 3 hours of trying to get firmware i get all kinds of errors.. screen jumps and app crashes.. i factory restored my galaxy S7 and only loaded DJI go 4 app and still same errors.. POS..

I've had an interesting run in with them too. On my last controller, I messed up the ribbon cable for the HDMI module and had to send it back. They sent me a new controller immediately, didn't fix the old one and didn't include the HDMI module. It took countless emails for six weeks for them to mail me a new module, even though on the first call they admitted that they didn't send the module.

I think they're totally overloaded. They own a huge section of the market and clearly Their infrastructure is not Localized, and not staffed enough. I worked as a manager of customer relations for a car company for several years, this is just basic confusion at the corporate level.

Well i just tried to fly it some.. i get constant errors and it is very slow.. about 18mph and 35 in sport mode.. i guess shes going back AGAIN..

I calibrated it over grass out in the yard and its a brand new load on my android phone connected for the go app.

upload_2017-3-2_19-12-57.png

Well i just tried to fly it some.. i get constant errors and it is very slow.. about 18mph and 35 in sport mode.. i guess shes going back AGAIN..

I calibrated it over grass out in the yard and its a brand new load on my android phone connected for the go app.

View attachment 7548
Those are some savage error messages. My god. Ut should be an automatic replacement after your issues. Sorry to hear.

They've NEVER been worth a ****. I've been dealing with their incompetent support for years but they are the only real drone game in town for now.

Being a new DJI Mini SE owner, and attempting to work with DJI chat support, I feel like I am either talking to a (not so great) AI, or with people who possibly English is not their first language? And going through a gambit of 5 people (or aliases anyway) in the chat before getting anywhere. Not sure about all that, does not increase my confidence. That all said, I was finally able to get with one of their support people on a certain issue, and will now see if they get back to me as they said. Oh, and BTW I have posted to their forum.dji.com before as well as Emailed DJI directly, and gotten 0 responses.

So i crashed into my lake in January and shipped off my mavic and battery to refresh.

View attachment 7525
the ticket was opened Jan 31 and it was just delivered March 2...
Well they shipped it back after FOREVER and 2 days but in a plain box and they returned my bad battery that was at the bottom of my late and got fried.
Now i have to open another ticket and wait to ship it back again for them to replace it again.

Their support is a total joke for a company their size.
I really not sure if I will keep my mavic or sell it and give up on DJI completely.

And i haven't tested the flight yet as i have a million updates to apply first. It better fly well and the gimbal better not be off as it was.
51Drones YouTube crashed his in a lake also.
Why do new flyers fly over water.
When they need to learn to fly.
I understand even experienced pilots make mistakes. Watch his video. It's about the shiny water had a factor in the crash.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica