DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Support Rant

ndroll

Reactions
I'm more than a little p!ssed at DJI. Our 1 1/2 month old Mavic started having the gimbal recalibration problem. I sent it into DJI for repair - not replacement. Sent back someone else's well used Mavic. I had read some forums and blogs that indicated that is how DJI is apparently handling repairs but I thought maybe DJI had worked out the kinks in it's supply and repair process. I expected to get my Mavic back. It had very little flight time on it. Now I have an "unknown quantity" as far as how many flight hours are on this one I got, what was it that put it in the refurbished catagory, etc. I would have waited another week or two to get MY Mavic back, not someone else's crusty POS.

Reactions: YsniperY
They are probably selling yours as a refurb unit.

Yes I assume that. I think that DJI is trying to speed up their "repair" process by simply shipping out a refurb instead of testing and repairing the original. My point is that I knew what conditions I had kept my Mavic in, what conditions it was flown in, how it was housed and stored. I now have a Mavic that looks a little worse for wear that I have no idea how it was flown and treated. I never by refurbished electronics, and I don't treat my electronics like crap either. I have no problems with the refurbished marketplace, I just don't buy refurbished and I expect to get the Mavic that I bought back.

Reactions: YsniperY
Show us a picture or two of the refurb you got.

I don't have access to it right now. My husband uses it for his agronomy job and he took it to his office to test and hopefully start using again.

When you sent yours in, did you ask to have yours returned specifically? Maybe they "opt in" everyone for a referb unit ya know for the damned if you do, damned if you don't crowd. People want to get back in the air. A referbed unit is just as rigorously tested as your original would be, or so we hope.

When you sent yours in, did you ask to have yours returned specifically? Maybe they "opt in" everyone for a referb unit ya know for the damned if you do, damned if you don't crowd. People want to get back in the air. A referbed unit is just as rigorously tested as your original would be, or so we hope.

There was no place on the electronic form I filled out to specify I wanted my original back. My Mavic had very few hours on it, as we only had it for a month and a half before the gimbal failure. I have no idea how many hours are on the unit they sent me. I have no idea why this unit was a refurb. I think that DJI had a bit of a black eye from the manufacturing shortage and then the gimbal cable fragility and they are attempting to burnish their "support" issues with speed rather than efficiency in fixing people's originally bought machines. I know that the FAA registration thing went away, but how many people registered their machine's serial number, which is then tied to you and now have a different machine all together? And maybe don't even realize that they do have a different machine?

I'm more than a little p!ssed at DJI. Our 1 1/2 month old Mavic started having the gimbal recalibration problem. I sent it into DJI for repair - not replacement. Sent back someone else's well used Mavic. I had read some forums and blogs that indicated that is how DJI is apparently handling repairs but I thought maybe DJI had worked out the kinks in it's supply and repair process. I expected to get my Mavic back. It had very little flight time on it. Now I have an "unknown quantity" as far as how many flight hours are on this one I got, what was it that put it in the refurbished catagory, etc. I would have waited another week or two to get MY Mavic back, not someone else's crusty POS.

I would be mad as hell too. A person grows attached to their drone. It's not just a piece of hardware after so many flights. Idiots.

Reactions: MrsTreat
Hi I had a crash with my DJI mavic pro, I'm try to source out a front right hinge set / bolt mechanism in order for me to attach the leg into the body itself. Any advice please...I need the parts quite badly.
Thanks

There was no place on the electronic form I filled out to specify I wanted my original back. My Mavic had very few hours on it, as we only had it for a month and a half before the gimbal failure. I have no idea how many hours are on the unit they sent me. I have no idea why this unit was a refurb. I think that DJI had a bit of a black eye from the manufacturing shortage and then the gimbal cable fragility and they are attempting to burnish their "support" issues with speed rather than efficiency in fixing people's originally bought machines. I know that the FAA registration thing went away, but how many people registered their machine's serial number, which is then tied to you and now have a different machine all together? And maybe don't even realize that they do have a different machine?

That is a good point. I registered mine and have the required sticker on it. I’m not sure how that works if they just give peoples Mavics away. That’s BS! Luckily I haven’t had any issues with mine yet. And yes a person does become bonded with their little buddies.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661