DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Terra and Mavic Pro.

I discovered that the new mission software from DJI, Terra (DJI Terra – Make the World Your Digital Asset – DJI ), does not support the Mavic series, only Phantom. Can someone explain to me the hardware/software differences between a Phantom and Mavic that would prevent Terra from supporting a Mavic? Thanks.

DJI is trying to salvage the Phantom series as their “economy enterprise” inbetween model. They not too long ago came out with the Phantom RTK edition to make it attractive to someone who wants the ease of use of a consumer drone but also some the advanced features of the Matrice series. The Terra software is the ground station anwser that goes with this new role for the Phantom.

The truth is Terra could almost certainly work with Mavic if DJI wanted it to but as a business decision they want to give people a reason to go out an by another drone. If the Mavic could do it all then DJI sells fewer drones of course. So in conclusion it’s not so much the Phantom has that radically different firmware from Mavic, but DJI sees differentiating their models as critical to their business. While they have a near monopoly on the pro-sumer ready to fly drone market they are going to push it as hard as they can.

Reactions: Rich55 and KWorth
I use the Maps Mase Easy app (Maps Made Easy - Home) with my iPhone for mission planning, control, and mapping with my Mavic Pro. Their app is called Map Pilot for DJI (Map Pilot for DJI - Introduction). The app is free and works. Other, similar 3rd party apps work too. I just checked and the Map Pilot doesn't connect with my Spark.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aodgizmo