DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI unlock codes... I'm just tired...

Blume TMS

Reactions
DJI may have created a great product but their software engineers (I could use another name for them) just plain are idiots.... why just about when I finally figure out their latest way to unlock an authorization zone they change the set up.... it seems there was a short time when I could do it on site... and and the unlock would take about half the time but now it wants me to log in from the controller and I don't have a clue how to do that. I'm just venting here because I am so frustrated with a product that has great potential and I use in my work but is not cost effective to the time I have to invest trying to make it work. I wonder if they at DJI even look at this forum.

Reactions: JimWest and db4476
DJI may have created a great product but their software engineers (I could use another name for them) just plain are idiots.... why just about when I finally figure out their latest way to unlock an authorization zone they change the set up.... it seems there was a short time when I could do it on site... and and the unlock would take about half the time but now it wants me to log in from the controller and I don't have a clue how to do that. I'm just venting here because I am so frustrated with a product that has great potential and I use in my work but is not cost effective to the time I have to invest trying to make it work. I wonder if they at DJI even look at this forum.
What has changed? Logging in from the controller I would assume to mean logging into your Account via the DJI App on your device (Go4 or Fly). It's possible your App has updated and you need to log in with your Account Credentials in order for the unlock to take place. Maybe your App was logged in for previous unlocks and now it needs you to re-login. That would be what I would try first.

Re; DJI even look at this forum - No DJI has their own forum which they do monitor but I doubt they have time or desire to scour the WWW looking for posts to read/reply. It's a daunting task to just stay up to date on this one forum (although it's a world leader among UAS forums).

If you're that upset you have a couple of options:

A) Buy a non-Geo Fenced product (hacked DJI or maybe Autel or some other brand)
B) Depending on your model, you can "unlock" many DJI aircraft through software/hardware "hacks" but that's for a whole other section of this forum.

I'm with you on this, brother. I'm beginning to think I may try the hack just to get back to flying with a LAANC approval, as DJI will not unlock a specific location. The last three trips there, none were unlocked or even acknowledged, ZERO, ZIP, and ZILCH. Luckily, I can fly the Autel there without any problems. Maybe there is some super secret covert government facility that only DJI is aware of... Lolz

Cheers!

I'm with you on this, brother. I'm beginning to think I may try the hack just to get back to flying with a LAANC approval, as DJI will not unlock a specific location. The last three trips there, none were unlocked or even acknowledged, ZERO, ZIP, and ZILCH. Luckily, I can fly the Autel there without any problems. Maybe there is some super secret covert government facility that only DJI is aware of... Lolz

Cheers!
You may be out of luck with DroneHacks if you updated your firmware after 01.01.0610 (for the MA2 anyway). If you did, it's not possible to downgrade and the hack won't work.

You may be out of luck with DroneHacks if you updated your firmware after 01.01.0610 (for the MA2 anyway). If you did, it's not possible to downgrade and the hack won't work.
I've read that. A drone buddy of mine has done it and claims it works well, but I want to see it actually work when DJI says no fly even with a LAANC authorization. Time will tell.

Cheers!

I've read that. A drone buddy of mine has done it and claims it works well, but I want to see it actually work when DJI says no fly even with a LAANC authorization. Time will tell.

Cheers!
I've done it and it works. Thumbswayup:cool:

I guess being on the lagging edge of technology with my M1P's is a good thing. I have NLD software on each one so it eliminated the NFZ's and altitude restrictions. Before anyone gets upset I still fly by the rules and keep it under 400 feet (most times) as well as fling responsibly

FWIW, I had to do an unlock last week right next to a Class C airport, so the stress level was already elevated. I did the pre-work at home, and then did the unlock on site. The first two times it failed which is a big deal because the drone is sitting there just eating up minutes of flight time while I wrestle with the unblock sequence which involved having to restart the app a few times. It finally worked, but does it REALLY have to be THIS hard???? Very stressful because when my flight time is reduced, that's a potential customer issue when I have to skip a shot because the battery wasn't as full.

If someone has a sec, I wouldn't mind grabbing a link to this hack mentioned above.

Also, I *think* that one can do the unlock off-site, recharge the battery, and THEN go fly.

Reactions: db4476
FWIW, I had to do an unlock last week right next to a Class C airport, so the stress level was already elevated. I did the pre-work at home, and then did the unlock on site. The first two times it failed which is a big deal because the drone is sitting there just eating up minutes of flight time while I wrestle with the unblock sequence which involved having to restart the app a few times. It finally worked, but does it REALLY have to be THIS hard???? Very stressful because when my flight time is reduced, that's a potential customer issue when I have to skip a shot because the battery wasn't as full.

If someone has a sec, I wouldn't mind grabbing a link to this hack mentioned above.

Also, I *think* that one can do the unlock off-site, recharge the battery, and THEN go fly.
Where do I go for this?

I too have struggled with unlocking/authorization. In one are near Seattle airport and Boeing field there are many overlapping colored areas on the DJI map. Along with the way they have implemented their system I struggled for days trying to get off the ground. It shouldn't be so dang hard.

DJI may have created a great product but their software engineers (I could use another name for them) just plain are idiots....
Really? These are the people who have engineered a constantly improving and highly sophisticated semi-autonomous flight system, that has to work everywhere in the world under a wide range of conditions, not least that of making sure permissions and authorisations to fly in restricted airspace are securely & safely managed - and to work within the rules the various civil flight organisations around the world.

Learning to fly a drone may not be as complex as learning to fly a real aeroplane, but the safety part is just as important. Airspace is tightly controlled in certain places, for good reasons so it's worth putting in the extra effort to get it right.

Personally, I think they have done a remarkable job, and deserve high praise, not criticism for some minor inconveniences.

Cheers!
My drone has a DH hack. No more Geo fences or altitude restrictions. I just can't update my firmware anymore. That's not a problem. I don't know why there are so many firmware updates anyway. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

I live in a locked zone. I unlocked it, but after a firmware update, I couldn't unlock it. I contacted DJI, and it took them 3 weeks to fix it!

I too have struggled with unlocking/authorization. In one are near Seattle airport and Boeing field there are many overlapping colored areas on the DJI map. Along with the way they have implemented their system I struggled for days trying to get off the ground. It shouldn't be so dang hard.
Sounds like I live near you - I’m next to Jeff Park golf course. I can launch now after I went the Drone-Hacks route via NFZ/altitude hack

Reactions: Scona
Really? These are the people who have engineered a constantly improving and highly sophisticated semi-autonomous flight system, that has to work everywhere in the world under a wide range of conditions, not least that of making sure permissions and authorisations to fly in restricted airspace are securely & safely managed - and to work within the rules the various civil flight organisations around the world.

Learning to fly a drone may not be as complex as learning to fly a real aeroplane, but the safety part is just as important. Airspace is tightly controlled in certain places, for good reasons so it's worth putting in the extra effort to get it right.

Personally, I think they have done a remarkable job, and deserve high praise, not criticism for some minor inconveniences.
Decent hardware terrible software.

Reactions: db4476 and shb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer