DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly Authorization Zone Unlock Steps Keep Repeating

PBDawg

Reactions
I have a DJI Mini 3 with the RC controller. When I try to launch, I'm advised that I'm in an authorization zone. As part of the unlock process, the DJI server texted me a code that I successfully entered into the controller. Next, I was required to check three boxes. The controller indicated that I had unlocked the zone. Then I clicked the launch icon, held the launch button down, and the three checkboxes appeared again. I tried many, many times with the same result. It's as it the unlock process is in some kind of endless loop.

I've recorded video of the situation here:

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: CadrePilot
I'm just going to guess: The screen is tiny and there's actually an OK or Enter or Accept button somewhere hiddne that you need to first scroll to and click on to move forward.

Happened to me once; years ago.

I'm just going to guess: The screen is tiny and there's actually an OK or Enter or Accept button somewhere hiddne that you need to first scroll to and click on to move forward.

Happened to me once; years ago.
No, it's the nice, bright screen that's integrated into the DJI RC. I also watched YouTube videos showing the process to see whether I missed anything. :(

Reactions: mavic3usa
Looks like it's fixed. I don't know why, but I tried the same thing again after about an hour and it worked! 🤷‍♂️

I'd still be interested in knowing whether this has happened to anyone else, and any possible explanation for it.

Last edited:
I have a mavic 3 classic and this loop happens always. Solution is to restart my rc n1 and drone several times then accepts ok. It is weird.

Reactions: PBDawg
This happened to me last year w/Mavic 3 and an RC Pro.
The way the page presented on screen the map filled the screen and I couldn’t scroll the page down to the “Accept ” button. It just moved the map around. Very frustrating.
In the end I think quitting and restarting everything fixed it. But I’m not really sure exactly How it resolved…
DJI acknowledged that this was a problem that others had as well

Found my orig post. I had mistakenly tried to apply for a custom, unlike while in the field. And that rarely works. And it wasn’t needed. Anyway, I needed to apply for a “self unlock” for the zone. Which I ultimately did.

My orig post #14 here

Last edited:
This happened to me last year w/Mavic 3 and an RC Pro.
The way the page presented on screen the map filled the screen and I couldn’t scroll the page down to the “Accept ” button. It just moved the map around. Very frustrating.
In the end I think quitting and restarting everything fixed it. But I’m not really sure exactly How it resolved…
DJI acknowledged that this was a problem that others had as well
Good to know. I hope DJI will resolve this soon.

I restarted the RC and drone several times before giving up. Then, an hour later, I tried again and it worked. I was lucky that I was still able to fly as planned, but if I was travelling, or wanting to capture a specific event, I'd sure be ticked off if the issued made me miss a great opportunity!

>$4k spent on Mavic 3 Pro and bits, and I can't fly in my own yard because of this BS. DJI needs to get it fixed!

• Angry
Reactions: PBDawg
I have a DJI Mini 3 with the RC controller. When I try to launch, I'm advised that I'm in an authorization zone. As part of the unlock process, the DJI server texted me a code that I successfully entered into the controller. Next, I was required to check three boxes. The controller indicated that I had unlocked the zone. Then I clicked the launch icon, held the launch button down, and the three checkboxes appeared again. I tried many, many times with the same result. It's as it the unlock process is in some kind of endless loop.

I've recorded video of the situation here:

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Check your internet connection. It happens due to bad internet connection bro .your drone , controller is fine

On my first attempt, the problem was that I was not connected to my wifi network. In that situation, I didn't get as far as the repeating unlock process. I connected to the network right away, and that's when I experienced the problem.

In my case, unselecting the single (expired) authorization on the controller was enough to clear it up.

Reactions: Rishu and PBDawg
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas