DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI wanted my Platinum order from Amazon

Peter WEINBERGER

Reactions
So why was DJI in such a hurry to get me to cancel my order for the Mavic Platinum on Amazon? They offered me 6% off plus a code to prioritize my order again. Not sure what that means but they were trying. Why do they want the order so much? I went ahead and did it, but don’t feel real great about it. Do they need my order to to give to someone else?

Peter

So why was DJI in such a hurry to get me to cancel my order for the Mavic Platinum on Amazon? They offered me 6% off plus a code to prioritize my order again. Not sure what that means but they were trying. Why do they want the order so much? I went ahead and did it, but don’t feel real great about it. Do they need my order to to give to someone else?

Peter

Yes.

And thanks!

Reactions: dirkclod
You should report that to Amazon. No reason the seller/mfg should be contacting you like that and definitely not threatening to cancel your order unless you comply with their desires (cancelling order on amazon).
They probably did it to not want to have to pay amazon fees, or meet Amazon's delivery requirements for shipment. Amazon is a big dog, their orders have priority I am sure, plus they look to be prime which means 2day shipping for the listed price. That cuts into the sellers margin.

This goes to a seller and then to amazon, if they sell direct they make more money. This really troubles me as it might seem that they are short of cash.
This company must have a great set of engeneers but terrible administration.

You should report that to Amazon. No reason the seller/mfg should be contacting you like that and definitely not threatening to cancel your order unless you comply with their desires (cancelling order on amazon).
They probably did it to not want to have to pay amazon fees, or meet Amazon's delivery requirements for shipment. Amazon is a big dog, their orders have priority I am sure, plus they look to be prime which means 2day shipping for the listed price. That cuts into the sellers margin.

Thanks. Just reported all this to Amazon. They sound great like they will handle, but I'm not expecting anything.

Peter
I reported DJI to Amazon and got a generic reply saying that I'm a valued customer. Thanks guys, but you're no help. Just found out the Platinum is back on sale again at the DJI Store, so as instructed I used the code DJI gave me to prioritize my order in exchange for canceling earlier Amazon order. Of course the code did not work and the fellow who gave it to me has disappeared. Last time I cooperate with DJI on anything. Now I read I'll get the Platinum in 2 weeks. I wonder how long it will really take for delivery?

I reported DJI to Amazon and got a generic reply saying that I'm a valued customer. Thanks guys, but you're no help. Just found out the Platinum is back on sale again at the DJI Store, so as instructed I used the code DJI gave me to prioritize my order in exchange for canceling earlier Amazon order. Of course the code did not work and the fellow who gave it to me has disappeared. Last time I cooperate with DJI on anything. Now I read I'll get the Platinum in 2 weeks. I wonder how long it will really take for delivery?

Remember when folks just went to a store and bought stuff?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d