DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Warranty Service - Customer Service Complaint

Topdog885

Reactions
CAS-2445263-Q0M6T0 - I purchased my Mavic Pro Platinum through AMAZON from SSE Electronics on 26 January 2018. I first flew the drone on 18 February 2018 and noted there was severe jello effect. The video was unwatchable. I contacted Amazon about the problem and requested a replacement drone. Amazon replied that since the drone was purchased from a third party seller (SSE Electronics) I would have to contact them for a replacement or a refund. I contacted SSE Electronics via email which I have a copy and they told me any return would incur a restocking fee anywhere between 20 to 50%. Since I paid almost 1400 for the drone I considered that ridiculous. I tried several trouble shooting techniques which resulted in the drone working better but still not perfect. At this time I put the Drone away and was getting ready to contact DJI for a return/repair but was then deployed to Saudi Arabia. Upon return I tried the drone again on 18 November. There were no other flights on the drone between 22 February until 18 November 2018. On 18 November 2018 during flight, i noticed the jello effect was still present and the video would not keep focus. I contacted DJI via chat and was told to send the drone to DJI for repair. Upon received and assessing the drone I just received an invoice amounting to $225.00. The flight records of the drone can be checked by DJI to show the flight dates and times. If they check they will note the drone was not flown from February to November 2018. I have records of all emails sent to Amazon and SSE identifying the problem in February 2018 which was less than a month of purchasing the drone. I am confident the drone was received in a defective condition. I contacted DJI about the invoice asking the repair fee be waived as a result of the defective drone. I am awaiting their decision. I did send an email and they said the were reviewing my request (14749090.

I will say the repair request is being done in a quick and satisfactory manner except for the repair fee which I believe should be waived.

I don’t think there’s anyone from DJI on this forum. Enjoyed reading your complaint though.

CAS-2445263-Q0M6T0 - I purchased my Mavic Pro Platinum through AMAZON from SSE Electronics on 26 January 2018. I first flew the drone on 18 February 2018 and noted there was severe jello effect. The video was unwatchable. I contacted Amazon about the problem and requested a replacement drone. Amazon replied that since the drone was purchased from a third party seller (SSE Electronics) I would have to contact them for a replacement or a refund. I contacted SSE Electronics via email which I have a copy and they told me any return would incur a restocking fee anywhere between 20 to 50%. Since I paid almost 1400 for the drone I considered that ridiculous. I tried several trouble shooting techniques which resulted in the drone working better but still not perfect. At this time I put the Drone away and was getting ready to contact DJI for a return/repair but was then deployed to Saudi Arabia. Upon return I tried the drone again on 18 November. There were no other flights on the drone between 22 February until 18 November 2018. On 18 November 2018 during flight, i noticed the jello effect was still present and the video would not keep focus. I contacted DJI via chat and was told to send the drone to DJI for repair. Upon received and assessing the drone I just received an invoice amounting to $225.00. The flight records of the drone can be checked by DJI to show the flight dates and times. If they check they will note the drone was not flown from February to November 2018. I have records of all emails sent to Amazon and SSE identifying the problem in February 2018 which was less than a month of purchasing the drone. I am confident the drone was received in a defective condition. I contacted DJI about the invoice asking the repair fee be waived as a result of the defective drone. I am awaiting their decision. I did send an email and they said the were reviewing my request (14749090.

I will say the repair request is being done in a quick and satisfactory manner except for the repair fee which I believe should be waived.

Just curious. What does the repair receipt say that they did to repair the problem?

Is the drone in working order now? If so, are you satisfied with the operation of the drone in whole?

I just received the drone back about half an hour ago. It is a new drone so I am in the process of relinking it to my remote and setting everything up. It looks like it has the latest firmware. I will test fly tomorrow afternoon sometime. I am still upset that they would not waive the repair fee.

I agree with you, it seems to me you had all your ducks in a row producing all the proof needed to justify your claim. I hope the drone is in Total working order and you can continue with flying the MPP. Good luck...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato