DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 DJI Wide Angle VS. Standard Lens

I was looking into the wide angle lens for the Mini 3 Pro. I had been told that I'd have to manual focus because autofocus would miss it. Your thoughts?
Looks like the wide angle does a bit of color grading.

I was looking into the wide angle lens for the Mini 3 Pro. I had been told that I'd have to manual focus because autofocus would miss it. Your thoughts?
Looks like the wide angle does a bit of color grading.
I did not even tap focus on these videos. As for the color grading, could be a slight shift in the white balance as the time between flights was about 5 minutes, so could be a slightly different sun white balancing.

This is a replacement mini 3 pro I received using a refresh incident. I have had issues with this replacement, starting with the bottom right of the camera is always blurry, even without any ND filter, or wide angle lens. Issue 2 is it seems the gimbal is not adjusted for the vibrations of the drone as the video is shaky, even if I go pro mode with an ND64, and following all film rules, 180 degree, etc. I am about to send this one off for an technical investigation, if DJI finds fault they will replace it with warranty, if no fault, ill ask they replace it with my 2nd refresh option. I have flashed the firmware with dji assistant 2, have reset/calibrated everything multiple times, tested different lens/no lens, sd cards. This video is still a good example of the field of view. I will do an indoor test and if successful I believe the wide angle lens would be of great benefit to real estate videos, as you can always correct the lens bend in post. Thanks for watching and commenting.

Interesting. Sometimes wide angle lenses - in smaller spaces - create distortion. But these shots show how useful they might be. Thanks for all the work you went to in preparing this comparison and thanks for posting.

Reactions: Jug's Life
Interesting. Sometimes wide angle lenses - in smaller spaces - create distortion. But these shots show how useful they might be. Thanks for all the work you went to in preparing this comparison and thanks for posting.
Thanks. I have indoor testing that will be published soon. Thanks for watching.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky