DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI will not accept 3 part software

janbso

Reactions
Yesterday I found a video on YouTube that was re Litchi software and use of WayPoints. He said that DJI will not touch the drone, after a crash or anything, if the log show that you have used 3-part software during flight.
Comment!

Yesterday I found a video on YouTube that was re Litchi software and use of WayPoints. He said that DJI will not touch the drone, after a crash or anything, if the log show that you have used 3-part software during flight.
Comment!
That's incorrect and a common misconception.
The facts are that if it can be shown that the cause of a crash was a DJI issue, DJI will cover it regardless of what software was used.
If you cannot recover the crashed drone, it may not be possible to prove the issue was caused by DJI - but this can happen with DJI software too.
It would be extremely rare for Litchi or other 3rd party software to cause a crash since they use all the features of the DJI firmware.
Litchi crashes are almost always caused by user error.

Reactions: ksmusa
Has their policy changed? I have read several accounts in the past where DJI refused warranty when a drone was lost and would not accept Litchi logs to determine the problem.

Has their policy changed? I have read several accounts in the past where DJI refused warranty when a drone was lost and would not accept Litchi logs to determine the problem.
There's been no change.
DJI want to see the drone to examine the internal data recorder.
They won't accept a 3rd party data file.

So to be clear, if you are flying a waypoint mission with Litchi and the drone is lost, there is no warranty even if the Litchi logs showed no pilot error or showed a mechanical or electrical defect.

would not accept Litchi logs to determine the problem
In the cases I've seen, the problem was the Litchi logs could not prove the problem was not caused by Litchi and/or pilot error.

My understanding is that DJI will not look at the Litchi logs so it does not matter what it shows. DJI logs on the aircraft are encrypted so the user cannot see information that might point to a warranty failure. We are at their mercy and they have a monetary incentive to blame pilot error.

My understanding is that DJI will not look at the Litchi logs so it does not matter what it shows. DJI logs on the aircraft are encrypted so the user cannot see information that might point to a warranty failure. We are at their mercy and they have a monetary incentive to blame pilot error.
The internal logs are encrypted but are fairly easily readable by users.
DJI blame pilot error a lot because that's what the data indicates.

DJI blame pilot error a lot because that's what the data indicates.
I think they are pretty fair in their evaluations too. They seem to replace more drones for free than they should have to.

Reactions: ksmusa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Igwe3