DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Wishlist - What would you like to change in firmware (software) and hardware of Mavic Pro

omnimodeus

Reactions
I bought Mavic Pro months ago, just before Mavic 2 went out. Im sorry that I didn't wait for Mavic 2, but I didn't know it is coming out. Overall I am satisfied with machine. Miracle in little device. And very easy to fly, if you follow basic rules.
Such as GPS lock, proper height for RTH, moving far from metal during takeoff, calibrating everything (vision system, remote controller, compass), turning on obstacle sensors in bird area, awereness for wind speed and direction, pay attention for battery level etc.
It's not nuclear physics, Mavic is really easy to fly, anyone can do it.

Now its time for weak spots...such as battery...i always wondered why DJI didn't put separate battery in drone just for GPS beacon. In that case will be easy to find lost drone. Once main battery got out of juice search is over (in most cases).
and yes, we want battery charger than can parallel charge 4 batteries in same time, not stupid HUB.

Then, remote controller is charging device on Android. Why is that? On IOS Devices you can turn this off, but on Android you can't. I don't know, maybe is Android problem but special cable can solve this. I have Nexus 7, and I made special cable for it. Red wire has been cut, soldered 330 ohm resistor between twoo ends of red wire (5V) and now charging is minor. I have Redmi 4X Xiaomi phone, on that i installed aplication "Disable USB Charging" and It is working. So it is possible, maybe not on every device but special cable would solve that problem.

Remote controller have fixed antennas. I can't say why is that hard to DJI to put SMA connector on Remote controller. Not all users are satisfied with factory antennas.
RTH sounds is really annoying, can we just have option to turn off sounds?
When RTH did you know you can fly faster if you push right stick? So why not just making it faster from the beginning?

Charging remote controller is weird. When i opened box when i buyed Mavic, i cursed DJI for forgot to put me cable so i can connect controller with my tablet. After searching on internet i found out that i have cable. So most sensitive place on controller is one you are using every time you charge controller. After 3 weeks i just buyed magnetic charging cable and that was smart decision.

DJI Goggles...maybe some lighter goggles, maybe some support for 4K on goggles...so we can record 4K videos, but we can't wach recorded material on field (just Full HD)

We want strobe light on backside on Mavic. We want gimbal that is protected from crash. Maybe dome cover from nnon-reflective material.

Now software...we want offline waypoints, we want icon on DJIGO that shows exact power draw from drone, we want less warning messages, we want maps on one side and radar on other (histogram you can put wherever you want).

We want a lot, becouse we are paying a LOT. Why don't you hear us?

I don't know if some of this things are corrected on Mavic 2, but i would like to hear your other suggestions?

Last edited:
Have you posted this on the actual DJI forums because they wont read it here.

i will copy & paste on that forum also, but i think DJI does not care, just Care Refresh ;-)
This topic is opened actually to make my soul easier.

i will copy & paste on that forum also, but i think DJI does not care, just Care Refresh ;-)
This topic is opened actually to make my soul easier.

I agree with almost all of your points and you’ll be happy to know that there are already solutions for all of them. I get your point that it should already come like that though.

Reactions: mereflyer
maybe, do you think things like MarcoPolo tracker, third partyy paraller charger, third party magnetic charging cable for remote, third party strobo light. etc...or these stuff are gone on Mavic 2 ?

maybe, do you think things like MarcoPolo tracker, third partyy paraller charger, third party magnetic charging cable for remote, third party strobo light. etc...or these stuff are gone on Mavic 2 ?

If you get the Mavic 2 Enterprise edition it has a strobe light but that’s the only one DJI added as a default accessory, though it’s a lot less expensive to buy a third party one.

I don’t ever fly with the gimbal cover on due to it reducing the quality of the camera. If you get a polarized filter it will cut down on glare but you need different filters for the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2.

There are already third party chargers that charge either the Mavic 2 batteries or Mavic Pro batteries simultaneously but you can’t use a Mavic Pro Charger with the Mavic 2.

As for the Marcopolo thing I’ve never used one and I wouldn’t want to put that much additional weight on the aircraft and reduce my battery life. Once you build some trust with it I bet you’ll feel like that isn’t nessesary. What might be cool is if you put one of those RECCO beacon things that they sew into mountaineering gear which helps rescuers find you in an avalanche onto the drone because they are passive they don’t need a battery and if you lose the drone you could drive around with the receiver which will beep when you are close. Idk thought it might be a cleaver idea hah

If you get the Mavic 2 Enterprise edition it has a strobe light but that’s the only one DJI added as a default accessory, though it’s a lot less expensive to buy a third party one.

I don’t ever fly with the gimbal cover on due to it reducing the quality of the camera. If you get a polarized filter it will cut down on glare but you need different filters for the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2.

There are already third party chargers that charge either the Mavic 2 batteries or Mavic Pro batteries simultaneously but you can’t use a Mavic Pro Charger with the Mavic 2.

As for the Marcopolo thing I’ve never used one and I wouldn’t want to put that much additional weight on the aircraft and reduce my battery life. Once you build some trust with it I bet you’ll feel like that isn’t nessesary. What might be cool is if you put one of those RECCO beacon things that they sew into mountaineering gear which helps rescuers find you in an avalanche onto the drone because they are passive they don’t need a battery and if you lose the drone you could drive around with the receiver which will beep when you are close. Idk thought it might be a cleaver idea hah

That's exactly what I meant. DJI could not have done by themself but leaved this to third party inventors? Like gimball cover and gimbal clamp 2in 1 thingie. Btw i don't fly with gimbal protection plastic dome cover on it, becouse reflection. But im sure that they can find similar material without effect on video quality.

yeap i can put recco beacon (400-500$), range extender (400+ $), crystalsky monitor (600-800$), strobo cube (200$)...it's neverending story :)

Last edited:
I was sorry to see the quick editor change after last update. I don’t get the small 30 sec videos I use to get after a flight. I like taking photos but I do take some video and I just have a hard time editing video so the DJI 39 sec ones were great for me.

Another thing that could help, allow the compass calibration to be available when airborne (except the nose down portion) To get away from interference etc - should not be difficult to achieve surely?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian