DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI won't ship my drone back

Cole_mav

Reactions
So here's the story. In January, my Mavic Pro broke due to a user error. Having DJI Care Refresh I sent my drone in for repairs. However this is where the issue begins; when the repairs were completed (1 month later) DJI sent my Mavic back to me. However, the mailroom in which my drone at returned my Mavic to DJI because I was out of the country at the time. Since then I have contacted DJI roughly 20 times to have my drone resent to me. Every time I've called I've been met with the same response "we are expediting your order to be returned to you as soon as possible". Currently it is the beginning of August, making it almost 7 months DJI has had my drone and still they will not return it to me. I have asked for a refund numerous times since they have my drone, however I have not heard back from anyone at DJI. What should I do?

Wow, that's an appalling story Cole. 7 months is just ridiculous. I'm not sure what to suggest, but hopefully someone on here has been in a similar situation and will be able to tell you how they resolved it.

Hope you get it sorted ASAP.

Contact your credit card company, assuming that's how you paid. You may be entitled to a refund from them.

Call back, whoever answers explain briefly, then tell them they did nothing wrong but you need to speak with their supervisor and start your story over again. Remain calm but don't settle for nothing less than a direct call back number with a name an title of who is fixing this for you.

Good luck!

Reactions: olicoz
If you are in the US, complete small claims court documents and mail to DJI's registered agent. Include a letter that you will file within 30 days if you don't have the drone or money in your hand. If it's not done in 30 days, file and served their agent.

Or you can continue to wait.

It's standard practice at many larger companies to have to get an RMA prior to sending anything or there won't be a track of anything and things are very likely to get lost. Your mailroom sending the package back will have casued that issue. Might want to check with them and try to hold them responsible... Unless it was known to you that they wouldn't keep your mail more than X and then it was all on you to plan things accordingly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2